- Riviera Day School and Riviera Preparatory School are fully accredited, non-sectarian, co-educational, independent day schools centrally located in the South Miami area.
- Riviera serves students from all areas of Miami-Dade County.
- Riviera Day School is home to our preschoolers (3 year olds) through fifth graders.
- Riviera Preparatory School, just a few miles away, is home to our sixth through twelfth grade students.
- Since it was founded in 1950, Riviera has established a reputation for excellence and continues to forge ahead as a leader in education and in the community.
- With an emphasis on small classes and a carefully selected, well-trained staff, we challenge each student to develop his or her full capabilities.
- Gifted children are guided through advanced levels, just as slower learners are helped to overcome any weaknesses.
- Our small classes, close student-teacher relationships, parental involvement, broad-based curriculum, variety of curriculum enhancement activities, and talented faculty all combine to make Riviera a unique and exciting school community.
Riviera Schools places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Association of Independent Schools of Florida
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||920 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||105 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||25 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, European History, French Language and Culture, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Physics 1, Physics 2, Physics C, Psychology, Spanish Language and Culture, Spanish Literature and Culture, Statistics, Studio Art 2D, Studio Art Drawing, U.S. Government, US History, World History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 8 / Jan. 15|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Olga Mestre|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Allison Cohen|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBallet, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||49 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Advanced Chess Club, Apprentice Engineering, Arts & Crafts, Best Buddies, Book Club, Chess Club, Coding Club, Computer Appreciation Club, Culinary Club, Film Production Club, Game Design, Junior Engineering, KAPLA, Karaoke, Key Club, Legos, Little Builders, Los Amigos, Marine Conservation, Mind Lab, Model UN, Operation Smile, Philosophy/Contemporary Issues, Photography Club, Robotics, Rock Band, RPG/Strategic Games, Speech and Debate Team, Table Tennis, Traveling to the Future, Youth Service Council/Best Buddies
Arts and Music Programs:
Ballet, Ceramics & Copper Enameling, Drumline, Flamenco, Jazz Club Ensemble, Magical Music, Modern Music Ensemble, Strings Ensemble, Symphonic Orchestra, Vocal Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramurals, Karate, Kidokinetics, Prana Yoga, Recreational Sports Competition, Soccer Club, Tumblebees, Zumba
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: NS-8 | 930 students
5557 SW 84th St
Miami, FL 33143
(305)667-5251 2 NS-8
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 528 students
7303 Southwest 64th Street
Miami, FL 33143
(305)661-8591 2.7 PK-8
To prep for the preschool admissions test or not to prep. That is the question.
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.