- Riviera Day School and Riviera Preparatory School are fully accredited, non-sectarian, co-educational, independent day schools centrally located in the South Miami area.
- Riviera serves students from all areas of Miami-Dade County.
- Riviera Day School is home to our preschoolers (3 year olds) through fifth graders.
- Riviera Preparatory School, just a few miles away, is home to our sixth through twelfth grade students.
- Since it was founded in 1950, Riviera has established a reputation for excellence and continues to forge ahead as a leader in education and in the community.
- With an emphasis on small classes and a carefully selected, well-trained staff, we challenge each student to develop his or her full capabilities.
- Gifted children are guided through advanced levels, just as slower learners are helped to overcome any weaknesses.
- Our small classes, close student-teacher relationships, parental involvement, broad-based curriculum, variety of curriculum enhancement activities, and talented faculty all combine to make Riviera a unique and exciting school community.
Riviera Schools places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Association of Independent Schools of Florida
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||885 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||105 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||25 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, European History, French Language and Culture, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Physics 1, Physics 2, Physics C, Psychology, Spanish Language and Culture, Spanish Literature and Culture, Statistics, Studio Art 2D, Studio Art Drawing, U.S. Government, US History, World History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Olga Mestre|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Elizabeth McDaniel|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||47 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Advanced Chess Club, Apprentice Engineering, Arts & Crafts, Best Buddies, Book Club, Chess Club, Coding Club, Computer Appreciation Club, Culinary Club, East Asian Culture Club, Film Production Club, Forensics Team, Game Design, Game On, Junior Engineering, KAPLA, Karaoke, Key Club, Legos, Little Builders, Los Amigos, Mind Lab, Model UN, Operation Smile, Philosophy/Contemporary Issues, Robotics, Rock Band, RPG/Strategic Games, S.A.D.D., Speech and Debate Team, Traveling to the Future, Youth Service Council/Best Buddies
Arts and Music Programs:
Ballet, Ceramics & Copper Enameling, Drumline, Flamenco, Glee Club, Magical Music, Strings Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramurals, Karate, Kidokinetics, Prana Yoga, Recreational Sports Competition, Soccer Club, Tumblebees, Zumba
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: NS-8 | 930 students
5557 SW 84th St
Miami, FL 33143
(305)667-5251 2 NS-8
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 528 students
7303 Southwest 64th Street
Miami, FL 33143
(305)661-8591 2.7 PK-8
- Miami Grades: NS-8 | 704 students
8755 SW 32nd Street
Miami, FL 33165
(305)221-2722 4.3 NS-8
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.