- Riviera Day School and Riviera Preparatory School are fully accredited, non-sectarian, co-educational, independent day schools centrally located in the South Miami area.
- Riviera serves students from all areas of Miami-Dade County. Riviera Day School is home to our preschoolers (3 year olds) through fifth graders.
- Riviera Preparatory School, just a few miles away, is home to our sixth through twelfth grade students.
- Since it was founded in 1950, Riviera has established a reputation for excellence and continues to forge ahead as a leader in education and in the community.
- With an emphasis on small classes and a carefully selected, well-trained staff, we challenge each student to develop his or her full capabilities.
- Gifted children are guided through advanced levels, just as slower learners are helped to overcome any weaknesses.
- Our small classes, close student-teacher relationships, parental involvement, broad-based curriculum, variety of curriculum enhancement activities, and talented faculty all combine to make Riviera a unique and exciting school community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Association of Independent Schools of Florida
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||885 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||105 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||25 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, European History, French Language and Culture, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Physics 1, Physics 2, Physics C, Psychology, Spanish Language and Culture, Spanish Literature and Culture, Statistics, Studio Art 2D, Studio Art Drawing, U.S. Government, US History, World History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Olga Mestre|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Sacha Perez|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBasketball, Cross Country,|
Water Polo, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||47 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Advanced Chess Club, Apprentice Engineering, Arts & Crafts, Best Buddies, Book Club, Chess Club, Coding Club, Computer Appreciation Club, Culinary Club, East Asian Culture Club, Film Production Club, Forensics Team, Game Design, Game On, Junior Engineering, KAPLA, Karaoke, Key Club, Legos, Little Builders, Los Amigos, Mind Lab, Model UN, Operation Smile, Philosophy/Contemporary Issues, Robotics, Rock Band, RPG/Strategic Games, S.A.D.D., Speech and Debate Team, Traveling to the Future, Youth Service Council/Best Buddies
Arts and Music Programs:
Ballet, Ceramics & Copper Enameling, Drumline, Flamenco, Glee Club, Magical Music, Strings Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramurals, Karate, Kidokinetics, Prana Yoga, Recreational Sports Competition, Soccer Club, Tumblebees, Zumba
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MiamiGrades: PK-8 | 930 students
5557 Sw 84th St
Miami, FL 33143
- MiamiGrades: PK-8 | 652 students
5400 Sw 102nd Ave
Miami, FL 33165
- MiamiGrades: PK-5 | 440 students
5692 North Kendall Drive
Miami, FL 33156
- MiamiGrades: NS-8 | 521 students
7303 Southwest 64th Street
Miami, FL 33143
- MiamiGrades: PK-8 | 704 students
8755 SW 32nd Street
Miami, FL 33165
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.