St Thomas The Apostle Catholic School
- Our school challenges the students to work independently and fosters the thoughtful informed academic challenge that encourages responsible decision-making within the framework of basic Christian principles.
- Students are encouraged to recognize, develop, and appreciate the qualities inherent within themselves and to respect, value, and safeguard the uniqueness of others.
- Under the guidance and leadership of its priests, administration, faculty and staff, along with their parents, the students grow in knowledge and in deeper faith of their responsibility to their community, their church, and to humankind.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||528 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Lisa M. Figueredo|
|Admissions Associate||Angie Ayan-Novo|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Acolytes & Lectors, Drama Club, Fairchild Challenge, Friends of Jesus & Mary, Math Club, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band and Strings Program, Choir, Doors to the Arts Program
- St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic School serves students from Pre-K2 through Eighth grade. The purpose and implementation of the curriculum represents and parallels the school's mission. Instruction assessment and application support the academic goals. Our curriculum is successful because it attends responsively to the students' needs. The aim of our curriculum program is academic excellence, St. Thomas the Apostle is an International Baccalaureate World School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: PK-12 | 885 students
6800 Nervia Street/9775 SW 87 Ave.
Miami, FL 33146
(305)666-1856 2.7 PK-12
- Miami Grades: PK-5 | 502 students
6050 Sw 57th Ave
Miami, FL 33143
(305)665-6274 1.7 PK-5
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 930 students
5557 SW 84th St
Miami, FL 33143
(305)667-5251 2.2 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.