Alexander Montessori School
- Alexander Montessori School offers its programs at four distinctive locations Preschool at the Red Road Campus across from the University of Miami; Toddler and Preschool at the Old Cutler Road Campus, designed from the ground up as a model of Dr. Montessori's vision of the Children's House environment; Toddler and Preschool at the Palmetto Bay Campus across from the Palmetto Bay Village Center; and Elementary at the six-acre Ludlam Road Campus.
- Teachers at Alexander Montessori School have many options, but this is the place they have chosen to be.
- Here they are able to fulfill their professional aspirations to teach and to help children in an orderly environment where the objective is education.
- Here, teachers are not merely employees, but partners in an important mission.
- Teaching in an Independent School is very special, and our Staff chooses to be here because it is professionally rewarding, and it is where they can see children prosper under their tutelage.
- In order to prepare themselves to teach in a Montessori School, these Teachers are required to take rigorous training in an approved training course and then spend a long period of internship under the direction of an experienced Teacher.
- Alexander Montessori School continues to be a partnership of innumerable people.
- This is a place where personal and shared visions evolve, for the children, for the School, for the community, and for the future.
- The School honors the contributions of the children, families, Faculty, and Staff who have helped make Alexander Montessori School such a unique institution.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
State or regional independent school association
National Independent Private Schools Association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||502 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Associate||Maria Kousourou|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Soccer, Swimming, TennisBallet, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 522 students
7303 Southwest 64th Street
Miami, FL 33143
(305) 661-8591 1.7 PK-8
- Miami Grades: PK-12 | 252 students
12515 Sw 72nd St
Miami, FL 33183
(305) 596-3787 7 PK-12
- Miami Grades: PK-5 | 67 students
9385 SW 79 Avenue
Miami, FL 33156
(305) 274-6509 3.2 PK-5
We are so grateful to have found Alexander Montessori. So often, our daughter comes home from school happy and eager to share about her day. We credit this to the teacher's genuine care and the individualized attention they give to her. She's in first grade, and her reading and math skills are at a second-grade level. We've seen NO bullying or peer pressure. The school's attention to health and cleanliness is also invaluable. At her previous school, our family was always battling sickness. Since enrolling her at Alexander Montessori, we've had no sick days. Moving our daughter to Alexander was the BEST decision we made.
- Posted by Parent - Michelle Moore
I was aware of Alexander's excellent reputation well before our son began attending this wonderful school. I am happy to say that the reality lived up to and even surpassed my expectations! What makes Alexander special is that it is a *true* Montessori experience and adheres to the philosophies outlined by Maria Montessori. Here the children are loved and respected by their teachers, guided yet not coerced. Students learn to love learning, because that's what happens when they're treated this way! It also should be mentioned how well the school is run by the administration and their teachers. There is a true "how can we help?" attitude among everyone you meet on campus. This school is run by problem-solvers of the highest order, and it serves to make both the student and parent experience pleasant and seamless. There are a TON of extracurricular activities offered during school as well as in after-school programs. Here again, you will find that these are led by top-notch professionals offering a fun and engaging curriculum Overall, I believe Alexander Montessori to be the very best educational experience for young children in our area!
- Posted by Parent - Sandi
We have been blessed to be part of the Alexander Montessori School family for one year now. Amazing experience for our two girls. First rate Montessori Learning. Teachers are one of a kind. We can't wait to go back in the near future.
- Posted by Parent - KJones
I love working at Alexander Montessori School. Kindest owners, amazing teachers & I love my coworkers. Amazing environment. I can't wait to go back!
- Posted by Teacher - KarenJ