St. Philip's Episcopal School
- St. Philip`s Episcopal School, the largest and most expansive outreach of St. Philip`s Episcopal Church, provides an excellent educational experience, guided by outstanding professionals, in a safe, caring community.
- Our mission is to educate each child intellectually, physically and spiritually in an atmosphere of acceptance and inquiry.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Gabriela Olsen|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ballet, Chess Club, Drama, Flag Football, Soccer, Spanish, Tennis|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: PK-12 | 920 students
6800 Nervia Street/9775 SW 87 Ave.
Miami, FL 33146
(305)666-1856 2 PK-12
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 528 students
7303 Southwest 64th Street
Miami, FL 33143
(305)661-8591 3.4 PK-8
- Miami Grades: PK-5 | 502 students
6050 Sw 57th Ave
Miami, FL 33143
(305)665-6274 2.3 PK-5
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.