An important part of St. Stephen's is the interaction between older and younger students. One way this is achieved is through the Reading Buddy program. Students in Grades 2 - 5 are paired with students in PK - Grade 1 and meet regularly to read together.
Students in Senior Kindergarten through Grade 2 learn the benefits of organic gardening. They have planted tomatoes, green peppers, eggplants, and herbs. They tend to their plants each day.
Students in Grades 1 - 5 attend chapel twice each week with older students serving as acolytes. The preschool students attend one chapel each week.
Technology is actively used at St. Stephen's. Classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards, computers, and other technologies. Students in grades 1 through 5 are provided with iPads by the school.
The Maypole has become a favorite part of the graduation festivities. A tall pole with long pastel-colored ribbons suspended from the top, festooned with flowers to match the flowers worn by the graduates, is erected under the oaks. Encircled by faculty, friends, and family, the graduates perform intricate dances around the Maypole.
- St. Stephen's Episcopal Day School, serving PK to Grade 5, was founded by St. Stephen's Episcopal Church in 1958.
- St. Stephen's Episcopal Day School is an outreach program of St. Stephen's Episcopal Parish providing students with the academic, ethical and spiritual foundation to succeed in a diverse and changing world.
- We seek to develop each child's natural curiosity into a lifelong ability to think critically and creatively and to love the experience of learning.
- St Stephen's is a welcoming place where a challenging yet nurturing environment instills in each child a respect for oneself and one's community, preparing them to accept the principle that from everyone to whom much has been given much will be expected.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||314 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 8|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,185|
|Tuition Notes||For 2016-2017|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Cathie D'Arcy|
|Admissions Associate||Desiree Adams|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||A variety of after school enrichment programs A variety of after school enrichment programs,
- The school provides students with a learning environment that goes beyond the classroom and into the world of countless possibilities. We continually strive to prepare our students to face tomorrow`s global and digital opportunities and challenges. A one-to-one iPad program is in place for Grades 1 through 5. Faculty members and students use these and other tools that allow them to communicate, collaborate, problem-solve, and think critically and creatively. These skills facilitate, inspire, engage and motivate our students to stretch their minds with the hopes of becoming life-long learners.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MiamiGrades: PK-5 | 176 students
1121 Andalusia Avenue
Miami, FL 33134
MiamiGrades: PK-8 | 317 students
3460 Royal Rd
Miami, FL 33133
MiamiGrades: PK-12 | 885 students
6800 Nervia Street/9775 SW 87 Ave.
Miami, FL 33146
MiamiGrades: NS-8 | 521 students
7303 Southwest 64th Street
Miami, FL 33143
Coconut GroveGrades: 6-12 | 1085 students
3575 Main Hwy
Coconut Grove, FL 33133
Both of my daughters graduated from St. Stephen's and loved their experience. St. Stephen's has a strong sense of community and the teachers and staff are very nurturing. The school values traditions, some that date back to 1958 when the school first opened, and it embraces innovation and change in the classroom. The teachers take the time to get to know each child individually and they inspire a love of learning. Character education is a vital component of the school's mission and is taught throughout the curriculum. I would wholeheartedly recommend St. Stephen's to anyone!
- Posted by Parent - sseds
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 27, 2017
This fictional interview illustrates how one set of parents chose a private school for their daughter.
April 27, 2017
Joseph Gauld is a distinguished educator who founded Hyde Schools in 1966.
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.