St. Stephen's Episcopal Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (305) 445-2606
St. Stephen's Episcopal Day School Photo #2 - Students in Preschool attend Physical Development classes three times each week where they practice skills in running, skipping, hopping, marching, balance, and more.
St. Stephen's Episcopal Day School Photo #3 - An important part of St. Stephen's is the interaction between older and younger students. One way this is achieved is through the Reading Buddies program. Students in Grades 2 - 5 are paired with students in PK - Grade 1 and meet regularly to read together.
St. Stephen's Episcopal Day School Photo #4 - Students in Senior Kindergarten through Grade 2 learn the benefits of organic gardening. They have planted tomatoes, green peppers, eggplants, and herbs. They tend to their plants each day.
St. Stephen's Episcopal Day School Photo #5 - Technology is actively used at St. Stephen's. Classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards, computers, and other technologies. Students in grades 1 through 5 are provided with iPads by the school.
St. Stephen's Episcopal Day School Photo #6 - Inquiry-based learning is an important aspect of St. Stephen's curriculum.
St. Stephen's Episcopal Day School Photo #7 - The Maypole has become a favorite part of the graduation festivities. A tall pole with long pastel-colored ribbons suspended from the top, festooned with flowers to match the flowers worn by the graduates, is erected under the oaks. Encircled by faculty, friends, and family, the graduates perform intricate dances around the Maypole.
St. Stephen's Episcopal Day School Photo #8 - Grade 5 students develop leadership skills through many opportunities, including Safety Patrol. Another leadership opportunity for our eldest students is the Safety Patrol. Grade 5 assists in arrival duty as they escort our preschool students safety to their classroom.
- St. Stephen's Episcopal Day School, serving PK to Grade 5, was founded by St. Stephen's Episcopal Church in 1958.
- St. Stephen's Episcopal Day School is an outreach program of St. Stephen's Episcopal Parish providing students with the academic, ethical and spiritual foundation to succeed in a diverse and changing world.
- We seek to develop each child's natural curiosity into a lifelong ability to think critically and creatively and to love the experience of learning.
- St Stephen's is a welcoming place where a challenging yet nurturing environment instills in each child a respect for oneself and one's community, preparing them to accept the principle that from everyone to whom much has been given much will be expected.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 10|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,500|
|Tuition Notes||For 2020-2021|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Cathie D'Arcy|
|Admissions Associate||Jaya Krutulis|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Dance, Golf, Soccer, TennisArchery, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Recreational Athletic Programs:|
A variety of after school enrichment programs
- The school provides students with a learning environment that goes beyond the classroom and into the world of countless possibilities. We continually strive to prepare our students to face tomorrow`s global and digital opportunities and challenges. A one-to-one iPad program is in place for Grades 1 through 5. Faculty members and students use these and other tools that allow them to communicate, collaborate, problem-solve, and think critically and creatively. These skills facilitate, inspire, engage and motivate our students to stretch their minds with the hopes of becoming life-long learners.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: NS-12 | 920 students
6800 Nervia Street/9775 SW 87 Ave.
Miami, FL 33146
(305) 666-1856 1.8 NS-12
- Miami Grades: PK-5 | 200 students
1121 Andalusia Avenue
Miami, FL 33134
(305) 444-6366 2.6 PK-5
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 522 students
7303 Southwest 64th Street
Miami, FL 33143
(305) 661-8591 4.5 PK-8
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 503 students
592 Ne 60th St
Miami, FL 33137
(305) 757-1966 8.1 PK-8
I have 2 children at St. Stephens now, plus one who graduated 5 years ago. We initially chose the school 10 years ago because we fell in love with how excited and happy the children and teachers were when we visited. Not realizing that the school is known for setting the highest standards in education, and that they truly focus on nurturing the whole child - the heart, the spirit, the mind. My children are encouraged to think out of the box, to love others and to care for their community, to take risks and to explore their passions...all while having FUN and learning above their grade level. Yes, St Stephens is a happy place always, so kids are excited to read, to do math, to love others, to share. The school is at the forefront of creating leaders who will be future ready. Technology, project based learning, art and collaboration are integrated into the curriculum. The school lives by it's goal of creating leaders that will be "forces for good in the world". My oldest was so well prepared that he is now thriving at a top private high school in the area. SSEDS was recently selected as an Apple Distinguised School, as 1 in 400 schools in 29 countries. Our family is super proud of the school.
- Posted by Parent - 3 SSEDS CHILDREN
Both of my daughters graduated from St. Stephen's and loved their experience. St. Stephen's has a strong sense of community and the teachers and staff are very nurturing. The school values traditions, some that date back to 1958 when the school first opened, and it embraces innovation and change in the classroom. The teachers take the time to get to know each child individually and they inspire a love of learning. Character education is a vital component of the school's mission and is taught throughout the curriculum. I would wholeheartedly recommend St. Stephen's to anyone!
- Posted by Parent - sseds
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.