- Mca Academy strive to encourage inspiration, to entertain, to foster artistic expression, to emphasize reflection, to stimulate imagination, to clarify thinking, to search for identity, to discover for themselves the values that will guide them throughout life, to learn how to read and write.
- Our goal is to develop a strong relationship with local public and private schools of coconut grove at first, with the intention of expanding our contest from elementary to high school students, to partner with a publishing company and other professionals in the field.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||54 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: NS-5 | 197 students
2850 S.W. 27 Avenue
Miami, FL 33133
(305) 444-4484 0.6 NS-5
- Miami Grades: PK-3 | 81 students
2660 Sw 17th St
Miami, FL 33145
(305) 856-9044 1.8 PK-3
- Miami Grades: 1-6 | 420 students
1001 Sw 1st Street
Miami, FL 33130
(305) 324-7322 3.5 1-6
Thank you, MCA. My son attended MCA for 3 years, through the end of 5th grade, at which time we moved out of state. He is now mid-way through his first term, as a 6th grade middle-schooler, at a highly competitive private school for gifted and advanced learners. He is earning straight As, completely on his own, and showing remarkable independence and discipline. He has even received commendations from the teachers on unprompted efforts to help not only the students, but the teachers - with keeping the classroom tidy. I am blown away. Without doubt I credit this to his upbringing to the warm, caring, nurturing and phenomenal environment he experienced at MCA. Thank you.
- Posted by Parent - Nina
I would highly recommend MCA Academy, to any parent that believes that their child would thrive in a small and nurturing environment with amazing teachers who greatly enjoy teaching. My daughter came to MCA from a private school, where she attended for 7 years, the school was fantastic, however, her needs were not being met due to the size of classes,and perhaps the ,teachers speeding through a subject and the material was not fully taught where all the children grasped the material. Her self-confidence and self-esteem took a toll, she was not encouraging to do her best. My husband and I were a bit hesitant when we enrolled our daughter there for 8th grade, it was a challenging transition. In a few months, I was completely surprised by my daughter's enthusiasm of loving to learn, she was a different child. I can honestly say that the teachers are amazing, and fully enjoy watching the children learn and thrive. My daughter was now going to enter high school, we considered switching school.s for her to attend a larger school, we asked our daughter if she was interested in changing to a larger school. She said that she absolutely loved her teachers at MCA, and felt that the teachers cared about her success. To my family this is priceless.
- Posted by Parent - Sandy