Jose Marti School 1
- The early childhood environment should provide stimulating care as well as a feeling of warmth, safety, and security conveyed by a qualified staff.
- Students should learn to get along with each other, feel secure in their own identity and in their diversity through positive guidance that will support their social development.
- Activities should promote student's development as individuals and should be achieved by using developmentally appropriate methods and materials.
- Their aim should be physical development, cognition and language, literacy, and creativity.
- In accordance with this, Jose Marti School maintains a close-knit relationship with our parents and students.
- We teach our students to appreciate their cultural background as well respect the background of others.
- This is essential as we live in a multi-cultural society.
- We instill in our students the importance o family and moral values as well as their duties and rights as citizens of the community.
- Since the health and welfare of our students are of utmost importance to us, we are committed to providing our students with a clean and safe environment, which is conducive to learning.
- As educators we have the responsibility of cultivating our students to develop to their potential.
- To accomplish this task we offer a strong academic curriculum, which is constantly supplemented by open-end activities to bring about the individualism and the thinking process in our students.
- The directors, teachers, and staff of José Marti Schools promise to pass on our knowledge and experiences to our students for their benefit in order to bring a better world.
- Our mission is to enrich the lives of young students by providing education, guidance, and a nurturing atmosphere for personal growth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: NS-5 | 197 students
2850 S.W. 27 Avenue
Miami, FL 33133
(305)444-4484 1.2 NS-5
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.