St. Thomas Episcopal Parish School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- St. Thomas Episcopal Parish School is a loving, secure, and inclusive community that nurtures, challenges, and inspires children to honor God, care for their world, and develop a passion for discovery and learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(collared shirts, skirts or shorts Dress uniform for grades 4 and 5)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,360|
|Tuition Notes||$15,990 (JrPre half day) and $20450 (full day) -- three year olds $20,640 -- four year olds - grade 5|
|Admissions Director||Debby Lichtner|
|Admissions Associate||Marisa Phirangee-Gentles|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Martial Arts, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,|
Dance, Flag Football,
Martial Arts, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||and drama, chess, choir, cooking, Irish dance, journalism, Jr. choir, little Dragons, mad science, mimi musicians, music, piano, robotics, Tae Kwon Do|
Club or Organization:
- St. Thomas Episcopal Parish School is committed to academic excellence for children in grades Preschool-Grade 5 in a diverse and inclusive environment. Our students thrive in a safe and secure environment where they are encouraged and challenged to be critical thinkers, creative problem solvers and lifelong learners.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: NS-8 | 930 students
5557 SW 84th St
Miami, FL 33143
(305)667-5251 0.3 NS-8
- Miami Grades: PK-12 | 920 students
6800 Nervia Street/9775 SW 87 Ave.
Miami, FL 33146
(305)666-1856 2.3 PK-12
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 320 students
12115 Sw 107th Ave
Miami, FL 33176
(305)255-7315 5.7 PK-8
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 528 students
7303 Southwest 64th Street
Miami, FL 33143
(305)661-8591 2.4 PK-8
STEPS has been a terrific and enriching environment for our children. There is a strong sense of community that we did not feel at other schools.
- Posted by Parent - Father
Love this school! Our family is so happy at St. Thomas - we are so blessed to be a part of this wonderful and loving community. At St. Thomas there is a unique emphasis on developing the whole child - excellent academics, dance/music/theater including the most impressive productions, as well as faith/values.
- Posted by Parent - Cia Mackle
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.