St Thomas Episcopal Parish School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (305) 665-4851
- St. Thomas Episcopal Parish School is a loving, secure, and inclusive community that nurtures, challenges, and inspires children to honor God, care for their world, and develop a passion for discovery and learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||426 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(collared shirts, skirts or shorts Dress uniform for grades 4 and 5)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,360|
|Tuition Notes||$15,990 (JrPre half day) and $20450 (full day) -- three year olds $20,640 -- four year olds - grade 5|
|Admissions Director||Debby Lichtner|
|Admissions Associate||Marisa Phirangee-Gentles|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Martial Arts, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,|
Dance, Flag Football,
Martial Arts, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||and drama, chess, choir, cooking, Irish dance, journalism, Jr. choir, little Dragons, mad science, mimi musicians, music, piano, robotics, Tae Kwon Do|
Club or Organization:
- St. Thomas Episcopal Parish School is committed to academic excellence for children in grades Preschool-Grade 5 in a diverse and inclusive environment. Our students thrive in a safe and secure environment where they are encouraged and challenged to be critical thinkers, creative problem solvers and lifelong learners.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 907 students
5557 SW 84th St
Miami, FL 33143
(305) 667-5251 0.3 PK-8
- Miami Grades: NS-12 | 920 students
6800 Nervia Street/9775 SW 87 Ave.
Miami, FL 33146
(305) 666-1856 2.3 NS-12
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 337 students
12115 Sw 107th Ave
Miami, FL 33176
(305) 255-7315 5.7 PK-8
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 522 students
7303 Southwest 64th Street
Miami, FL 33143
(305) 661-8591 2.4 PK-8
STEPS has been a terrific and enriching environment for our children. There is a strong sense of community that we did not feel at other schools.
- Posted by Parent - Father
Love this school! Our family is so happy at St. Thomas - we are so blessed to be a part of this wonderful and loving community. At St. Thomas there is a unique emphasis on developing the whole child - excellent academics, dance/music/theater including the most impressive productions, as well as faith/values.
- Posted by Parent - Cia Mackle
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?