Conchita Espinosa Academy
- Conchita Espinosa Academy is a private, co-educational elementary school first established in Havana, Cuba in 1934 and in Miami, Florida in September 1963.
- We believe in the strength of a well-rounded education: excellent academic program combined with a strong arts program to assure the preservation of our culture.
- The arts stimulate creativity, self-esteem, expression and thinking skills and complete and energize all other areas of the curriculum. The arts program includes dance, music, creative writing and the visual and martial arts.
- We believe in a multi-lingual society and the essential need to achieve better communication between countries and cultures in order to promote a peaceful, productive society and world.
- We believe in technology working for man and not man working for technology.
- We believe in the sacred partnership between the family and the school.
- We believe the school completes and enriches the moral and spiritual education that begins in the home.
- Our main objective is to provide a sound academic, social, emotional and cultural foundation for our students.
- We strive to help them become better human beings with values, clear and firm ideas, open minds, and sensitive strong spirits.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Association of Independent Schools of Florida
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||696 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade - $8,650 - $9,200 / year|
|Admissions Director||Carol Diaz-Zubieta|
|Admissions Associate||Audrey Gonzalez|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Martial Arts, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBallet, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Dance, Flag Football,
Martial Arts, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||30 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Amor en Accion, Dance Honor Society, Lyrical Dance, Saxophone, Tap, Theatre, Voice Choir
Arts and Music Programs:
Ballet, Cello, Clarinet, Contemporary Dance, Cuban Dance, Flute Lessons, French, Guitar, Hip Hop Dance, Intramural Sports Program, Karate, Music Ensembles, National Junior Honor Society (NJHS), Piano, Playwriting, Spanish Dance, Student Council, Thespian Society, Tri M Music Honor Society, Violin, Visual Arts, Voice Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- For over 80 years, Conchita Espinosa Academy (CEA) has followed founder the Espinosa method of education, which consists of a solid academic foundation coupled with an immersion in the arts and humanities from an early age. CEA`s intimate environment supports our students` development and helps them grow to become well-rounded, creative, and confident individuals.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: NS-8 | 704 students
8755 SW 32nd Street
Miami, FL 33165
(305)221-2722 4.6 NS-8
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 256 students
14187 SW 72nd Street
Miami, FL 33183
(305)385-7002 4.4 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.