Greater Miami Adventist Academy
- GMAA had its beginning in 1912, when it was known as Greater Miami Elementary School.
- Classes were held in a tent behind the downtown Temple Church.
- In 1960 it became a full fledge, four year academy.
- Today the academy serves a rich and diverse constituency representing over thirty different national backgrounds.
- GMAA presently occupies a beautiful two story facility at 500 N.W. 122nd Avenue.
- We offer K 4 to 12th grade. GMAA's philosophy is the reason for its existence and is stated in the following quote: "To restore man to the image of his Maker, to bring him back to the perfection in which he was created, to promote the development of body, mind and soul, that the divine purpose in His creation might be realized.
- This is the object of education, the great object of life." That man has lost much of his Creator's image since sin entered the human race.
- Spiritually, we need redemption and trust in our Savior. Physically, our body's health and strength needs restoration.
- Mentally, in all subject areas, man's intelligence is far below its original capabilities.
- Emotionally, man's self-esteem affects the way he treats others and desperately needs repairing.
- That all true knowledge comes from God. This includes the knowledge of how to have stronger bodies and minds, a healthy self-image and a caring, loving attitude toward God and our fellow men.
- That this knowledge constitutes the curriculum of true education. Within this curriculum every student needs to be challenged to achieve excellence in every area.
- This achievement needs to be recognized often and encouraged: " Excellence for the Purpose of Service." The mission of GMAA is to provide a 7th Day Adventist education for the youth of South Florida in an environment in which they may mature and develop spiritually, intellectually and socially.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||380 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 696 students
12975 Sw 6th St
Miami, FL 33184
(305)227-1150 1.1 PK-8
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 256 students
14187 SW 72nd Street
Miami, FL 33183
(305)385-7002 5.3 PK-8
- Miami Grades: 6-12 | 1410 students
500 Sw 127th Ave
Miami, FL 33184
(305)223-8600 0.8 6-12
This is home away from home. A super excellent school with all the " public school resources" coupled with an Excellent christian curriculum. A school of excellence and honor, with virtue rare. Go GMAA!! 10 STARS!!!! GMAA!!!
- Posted by Parent - pruek