St Brendan Elementary School
Tel: (305) 221-2722
- St. Brendan Catholic Elementary School in collaboration with our families, fosters the Spiritual and Academic growth of our diverse students.
- Our mission is to prepare and educate students in the Gospel Values, to provide them with the tools to become active, responsible Catholics, so that they themselves will achieve their personal best and become witnesses of our church.
- As a Catholic parochial institution, Saint Brendan Catholic Elementary School seeks to create an authentic Catholic community of faith among faculty, students, and parents.
- This faith community is strengthened and nourished by participation in liturgy, prayer and the study of Catholic doctrine.
- The school community seeks to focus its attention on the person of Jesus by means of a total school atmosphere of religious formation in an academically challenging environment.
- The parents, supported by school programs, join their children in this effort by their own participation in the sacramental life of the Church.
- Families are encouraged to deepen their faith so that it becomes "living, conscious and active". Saint Brendan`s faculty and staff are convinced of the uniqueness and personal value of each student.
- It is this appreciation of the student`s self-worth that serves as the foundation for developing attitudes of positive self-esteem.
- Learning experiences are designed to develop student potential and readiness for responsible citizenship in a pluralistic society.
- The faculty collaborates with parents, the primary educators, by instilling a love of lifelong learning and fostering respect for oneself and others among students.
- Together the faculty and parents create a sense of self-discipline and personal responsibility for conscientious choices.
- The students of Saint Brendan Catholic Elementary School are encouraged to use their talents to build the kingdom of God on earth by a life of Christian service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||761 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 696 students
12975 Sw 6th St
Miami, FL 33184
(305) 227-1150 4.6 PK-8
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 488 students
14000 Sw 112th St
Miami, FL 33186
(305) 386-8446 7.5 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.