Michigan Lutheran High School
- Top Ranked MI School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 118 students
- Yearly Tuition: $7,095
- Acceptance rate: 70%
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: May. 31
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
A/V Tech, Digital Media Production, International Club, Lions Club, National Honor Society, Quiz Bowl, Robotics Club, Rotary International, Student Council, Taste of Ministry
Arts and Music Programs:
Concert Chorir, Drama, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Pep Band, Spring Talent Show
Recreational Athletic Programs:
We are among America's best in standardized testing, annually leading our region.
- Our average ACT: 25 (U.S. average is 21)
- Our average SAT score: 1166 (U.S. average is 1060)
- Average graduating class GPA: 3.51/4.0
- +95% of graduates pursue college degrees.
- 90% of students involved in extracurriculars daily!
- 75% of students involved in Fine Arts daily!
- "Home away from home" stepping stone to the independence needed for college.
- 90-minute drive from Chicago and a highly desired tourist destination on Lake Michigan.
- World headquarters of American appliance giant, Whirlpool Co.
- Moderate lakeside climate supports wide array of fresh fruits, vegetables and year-round activities.
- Specific courses in ESL support (English, Religion)
- Instructors adapt to ESL learning needs.
- +30 AP and dual-credit college courses.
- SAT Prep course (for all junior students) and TOEFL Prep
- Latter course also examines U.S. college application process, personal statement for applications and intense focus on developing ELL academic writing skills.
- Recent college acceptances to University of Michigan, Penn State University, Notre Dame University, Washington University - Seattle, etc.
- Discount program for returning students with leadership skills and/or academic achievements.
- Full Merit Scholarship available to superlative 11th & 12th
- 2018 graduating class was awarded over $1M in college scholarships!
- Dorm students provided with host family stays during breaks if they can't return home (at no extra cost to the student).
Endorse Michigan Lutheran High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards