Minato Gakuen School Office
Tel: (858) 576-0434
- Minato Gakuen School is a non-profit school which is dedicated to providing Japanese students living in the San Diego area a supplementary Japanese education.
- Subjects covered under the supplementary education program include Japanese language, mathematics, social studies and science.
- These subjects are taught exclusively in Japanese. In addition, Minato School opens its door to non-Japanese students who can follow Japanese at each statutory grade required of their age.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||432 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: K-8 | 195 students
7050 Eckstrom Ave
San Diego, CA 92111
(858) 278-7970 2.4 K-8
- Antioch Grades: 4-8 | 4 students
600 Alumrock Drive
Antioch, CA 94509
(925) 706-7086 441.4 4-8
- Bell Gardens Grades: PK-8 | 136 students
5150 Gage Ave
Bell Gardens, CA 90201
(323) 771-9135 98.9 PK-8
- Big Bear City Grades: K-12 | 262 students
351 Maple Ln
Big Bear City, CA 92314
(909) 585-7188 99.5 K-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.