Mission Montessori On The Desert
- Mission Montessori Schools was granted a use permit by the City of Scottsdale and in December 2003, opened a second campus located at 11050 N. 96th Street.
- The elementary has expanded it's program to include 4th, 5th and 6th grades.
- The purpose of Mission Montessori School is to prepare and provide the most natural and life supporting environment for the child, observing the child and continually adapting the environment to support the fulfillment of the child's greatest potential—physically, intellectually, emotionally and spiritually.
- To support the development of the whole child into a productive, peaceful, and creative member of the classroom, the family and local, as well as global community, through a curriculum based upon Maria Montessori's educational philosophy and child development theory, and with an environment designed to help the child increase intellectual abilities, develop personal autonomy, practice effective, positive communication skills.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||188 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cave Creek Grades: NS | 105 students
29209 N 56th St
Cave Creek, AZ 85331
(480)563-2929 15 NS
- Phoenix Grades: NS-K | 132 students
5115 E Virginia Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85008
(602)840-2342 12.6 NS-K
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.