Montessori Children's Center
5.00 (1 review)
- Montessori Children's Center provides an environment structured for independent growth and advancement, while at the same time fostering community.
- Pre-school aged children for instance share mixed age group classrooms, and in this environment equipped with specially designed floor plans and unique Montessori materials, the children move freely, with the older ones learning from and helping the younger ones- and vice versa.
- Work materials or ‘lessons' are distributed throughout the classroom ,and students are free to select whichever one they are interested in, provided they have been taught how to use it appropriately.
- These ‘lessons' are specially designed to foster and improve the development of certain skills- for instance practical life, sensorial, math, science, language etc.
- The Montessori philosophy fundamentally differs from typical schools and teaching methods, which tend to treat students as empty vessels to be filled with knowledge.
- In the Montessori method, students are treated as equals, and they are respected as individuals with their own unique thoughts, ideas, perspectives, and talents.
- The Montessori philosophy places paramount emphasis on educating students holistically.
- This in that, there is as much instructional emphasis on students developing skills of socialization, common sense, practicality and individuality, as there is on students developing intellectually and academically.
- The Montessori philosophy not only recognizes, but embraces, the fact that each child creates themselves according to their own blue print- no two children are identical, and no two children grow at the exact same pace.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- FairfaxGrades: NS-K | 44 students
3909 Oak Street
Fairfax, VA 22030
- ArlingtonGrades: PK-K | 56 students
3809 Washington Blvd
Arlington, VA 22201
- Fairfax StationGrades: 1-7 | 43 students
Po Box 130
Fairfax Station, VA 22039
- AlexandriaGrades: PK-6 | 128 students
8334 Mount Vernon Hwy
Alexandria, VA 22309
- RestonGrades: PK-4 | 280 students
1928 Isaac Newton Sq W
Reston, VA 20190
MCC of Centreville provides a warm and inviting environment for children age 16 months thru Kindergarten. We have had two children attending for the past two years who have thrived and enjoyed the wonderful teaching staff, administration, and Montessori curriculum. MCC was an excellent fit for our first two preschoolers and we look forward to sending our third child, as well. The fun and friendly atmosphere paired with instruction on life skills and academics afford students the opportunity to grow at their own pace in a place they love to go each day. We have been amazed at the skills learned in reading, comprehension, math, language, science and arts. MCC is a lovely school and excellent first step into an academic classroom environment for young minds.
- Posted by Parent - Chris
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.