Ad Fontes Academy
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||222 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dress code with some choices)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Junior Kindergarten: $4,550 Kindergarten: $8,900 Grades 1-6: $9,400 Grades 7-8: $9,975 Grades 9-12: $10,750|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Beth Strachan|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Swimming, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Swimming,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Classics Club, Girls Up Club, K-6 Schole Club, Lower School Writing Lab, Mock Trial Team, Peru Missions Team, Technology Club, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, Lower School Illuminator's Guild, Lower School Violin
- "Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another." G.K. Chesterton
- At Ad Fontes, we take great care in getting to know you and your children personally.
- Here are the most distinguishing features of an Ad Fontes education:
- Christ-centered Education: Shaping Student's Character
- Ad Fontes believes Jesus Christ is Lord of all creation, every person, and every school subject. Thus, we are firmly committed to a thoroughly Christ-centered education in all aspects of the school. Our primary goal is to encourage each student`s maturity in their Christian walk, servant leadership skills, and moral character. This begins with a community committed to loving one another and to modeling a Christian life. Students are equipped to seek after truth, wisdom, and the purpose for which he or she is created.
- Classical Education: Engaging Student's Minds
- Ad Fontes is an academically challenging school with a purpose: to equip our students with the ability to think for themselves. We believe a classical (or liberal arts) education best fulfills this goal. Caring, capable teachers engage and prepare students with the foundational knowledge (grammar), the tools of reasoning (logic), and the skills of persuasive writing and speaking (rhetoric). Students develop a strong work ethic and confidence as they exhibit mastery and understanding in each subject. We are dedicated to cultivating young people who are exceedingly well-prepared to excel in college and in life.
- Parent Partnership and School Community: Building Lasting Friendships
- We believe that parents are the primary educators of their children and are active partners in the students` learning process. In collaboration, Ad Fontes teachers develop strong bonds with the students that go well beyond classroom learning. Students learn to love classmates of diverse ability and personality, and to care for students across the grade levels. Ad Fontes students grow up in a nurturing and challenging place where they establish lifelong values and friendships.If these goals align with those of your family, we encourage you to continue through the application process.
- Please contact Beth Strachan, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571.348.0784with any questions or to schedule a tour.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.