|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||222 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Dress code with some choices)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Junior Kindergarten: $4,550 Kindergarten: $8,900 Grades 1-6: $9,400 Grades 7-8: $9,975 Grades 9-12: $10,750|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Beth Strachan|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Swimming, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Swimming,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Classics Club, Drama Club, Girls Up Club, K-6 Schole Club, Lower School Illuminator's Guild, Lower School Violin, Lower School Writing Lab, Mock Trial Team, Peru Missions Team, Technology Club, Yearbook Club Classics Club, Drama Club, Girls Up Club, Yearbook Club, K-6 Schole Club,
Lower School Illuminator's Guild,
Lower School Violin,
Lower School Writing Lab,
Mock Trial Team,
Peru Missions Team,
- "Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another." G.K. Chesterton
- At Ad Fontes, we take great care in getting to know you and your children personally.
- Here are the most distinguishing features of an Ad Fontes education:
- Christ-centered Education: Shaping Student's Character
- Ad Fontes believes Jesus Christ is Lord of all creation, every person, and every school subject. Thus, we are firmly committed to a thoroughly Christ-centered education in all aspects of the school. Our primary goal is to encourage each student`s maturity in their Christian walk, servant leadership skills, and moral character. This begins with a community committed to loving one another and to modeling a Christian life. Students are equipped to seek after truth, wisdom, and the purpose for which he or she is created.
- Classical Education: Engaging Student's Minds
- Ad Fontes is an academically challenging school with a purpose: to equip our students with the ability to think for themselves. We believe a classical (or liberal arts) education best fulfills this goal. Caring, capable teachers engage and prepare students with the foundational knowledge (grammar), the tools of reasoning (logic), and the skills of persuasive writing and speaking (rhetoric). Students develop a strong work ethic and confidence as they exhibit mastery and understanding in each subject. We are dedicated to cultivating young people who are exceedingly well-prepared to excel in college and in life.
- Parent Partnership and School Community: Building Lasting Friendships
- We believe that parents are the primary educators of their children and are active partners in the students` learning process. In collaboration, Ad Fontes teachers develop strong bonds with the students that go well beyond classroom learning. Students learn to love classmates of diverse ability and personality, and to care for students across the grade levels. Ad Fontes students grow up in a nurturing and challenging place where they establish lifelong values and friendships.If these goals align with those of your family, we encourage you to continue through the application process.
- Please contact Beth Strachan, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571.348.0784with any questions or to schedule a tour.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ViennaGrades: K-12 | 305 students
1624 Hunter Mill Road
Vienna, VA 22182
OaktonGrades: PK-12 | 998 students
3320 Jermantown Road
Oakton, VA 22124
WarrentonGrades: PK-12 | 467 students
597 Broadview Ave
Warrenton, VA 20186
13525 Dulles Technology Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
FairfaxGrades: K-12 | 690 students
11204 Braddock Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.