Montessori Children's House
5.00 (3 reviews)
- The overarching premise of the Montessori method is that children are intrisically self-motivated. MCH provides a carefully prepared environment with specially designed materials to help children become self-directed learners.
- Our school provides an intimate, familial setting with low student-teacher ratio and a distinguished faculty with elevated expectations for their students.
- Our multi-age classrooms encourage older students to be role models, while younger children are mentored and inspired by the work around them.
- Our Before and After School Programs offer the children the best of care with trained experienced staff in a safe and relaxing environment. 2019-2020 Tuition Rates can be found here
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||This is a weekly rate for a daily 9:00-3:00 program that offers art, drama and sports.|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,800|
|Tuition Notes||We offer some financial aid/scholarships.|
|Admissions Director||Melanie Wilson|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Creative Movement, Music Class
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Please visit our webiste for more information about our school and programs offered, and to schedule a tour. www.montessorichildrenshouse.org In order to be eligible for our Primary one program, children need to be three years old by September 1st and fully toilet trained.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Providence Grades: PK-12 | 792 students
250 Lloyd Ave
Providence, RI 02906
(401)831-7373 0.6 PK-12
- Providence Grades: PK-8 | 240 students
35 Swiss Street
Providence, RI 02909
(401)421-4455 2.6 PK-8
- North Kingstown Grades: PK-4 | 104 students
1239 Tower Hill Rd
North Kingstown, RI 02852
(401)294-3575 20.6 PK-4
- Providence Grades: NS-K | 46 students
700 Elmwood Avenue
Providence, RI 02907
(401)785-8485 3.5 NS-K
I cannot say enough wonderful things about the sound academic foundation that Montessori Children`s House is providing to my daughter. The curriculum is self-motivated and purposeful and is supplying my child with the tools needed to be a lifelong learner.
- Posted by Parent - MR
My three children are each as different from the other as if they had come from different continents. Yet all three credit MCH with their love of learning, their dedication to giving back to their community, their strong sense of who they are and what they stand for, their interest in people who are different from them, and their ability to empathize and to act on that empathy. They went from MCH to other highly-reputable private schools in or around Providence, and all are extremely competitive students academically as well as being genuinely good people. I think MCH is very important to Rhode Island because I believe that this generation of MCH graduates, as the leaders of tomorrow, will create a community in which I am proud to live and of which I am proud to be a part.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of graduates
Our child has attended this school for two years (since age 3) and loves to go to school every day. We have been very pleased with our child`s development and with the teachers and staff. The school has a nurturing and stimulating learning environment.
- Posted by Parent - AQ
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.