Montessori Children's House
5.00 (3 reviews)
- The overarching premise of the Montessori method is that children are intrisically self-motivated. MCH provides a carefully prepared environment with specially designed materials to help children become self-directed learners.
- Our school provides an intimate, familial setting with distinguished faculty with elevated expectations for their students.
- Our multi-age classrooms encourage older students to be role models, while younger children are mentored and inspired by the work around them.
- Our Before and After School Programs offer the children the best of care with trained experienced staff in a safe and relaxing environment. 2019-2020 Tuition Rates can be found here
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||This is a weekly rate for a daily 9:00-3:00 program that offers art, drama and sports.|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
|Tuition Notes||We offer limited financial aid/scholarships. Tuition ranges from $8650-$12360|
|Admissions Director||Alice O'Neill|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Creative Movement, Music Class
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Please visit our webiste for more information about our school and programs offered, and to schedule a tour. www.montessorichildrenshouse.org. In order to be eligible for our Primary One program, children need to be three years old by September 1st and fully toilet trained.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Providence Grades: NS-12 | 753 students
250 Lloyd Ave
Providence, RI 02906
(401)831-7350 0.6 NS-12
- Providence Grades: PK-8 | 240 students
35 Swiss Street
Providence, RI 02909
(401)421-4455 2.6 PK-8
- North Kingstown Grades: PK-3 | 104 students
1239 Tower Hill Rd
North Kingstown, RI 02852
(401)294-3575 20.6 PK-3
- Providence Grades: NS-K | 46 students
700 Elmwood Avenue
Providence, RI 02907
(401)785-8485 3.5 NS-K
I cannot say enough wonderful things about the sound academic foundation that Montessori Children`s House is providing to my daughter. The curriculum is self-motivated and purposeful and is supplying my child with the tools needed to be a lifelong learner.
- Posted by Parent - MR
My three children are each as different from the other as if they had come from different continents. Yet all three credit MCH with their love of learning, their dedication to giving back to their community, their strong sense of who they are and what they stand for, their interest in people who are different from them, and their ability to empathize and to act on that empathy. They went from MCH to other highly-reputable private schools in or around Providence, and all are extremely competitive students academically as well as being genuinely good people. I think MCH is very important to Rhode Island because I believe that this generation of MCH graduates, as the leaders of tomorrow, will create a community in which I am proud to live and of which I am proud to be a part.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of graduates
Our child has attended this school for two years (since age 3) and loves to go to school every day. We have been very pleased with our child`s development and with the teachers and staff. The school has a nurturing and stimulating learning environment.
- Posted by Parent - AQ
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.