Montessori Children's House
Montessori Children's House Photo #2 - Connectivity to the natural world and our farm animals develops a deep sense of empathy.
Montessori Children's House Photo #3 - Our beautiful outdoor environment inspires awe, wonder and imagination in young children.
Montessori Children's House Photo #4 - Kindergarten students wrapping up their Nature Club curriculum on our community inspired Nature Trail.
Montessori Children's House Photo #5 - Upper Elementary students wrap up their year with an annual Colonial Feast, following their studies in American History.
Montessori Children's House Photo #6 - Discovering our natural habitat is a wonderful experience for children at Montessori Children's House.
Montessori Children's House Photo #7 - MCH has a strong commitment to science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) at the Elementary levels. Upper Elementary students enjoying research on mini-ipads.
Montessori Children's House Photo #8 - Working on a puzzle with a control guide helps build hand/eye coordination, fine motor skills, independence and self confidence.
Founded in 1987, Montessori Children's House is an American Montessori Society Accredited Montessori School in Redmond, Washington. MCH is committed to an excellent holistic Montessori education that includes the partnership and involvement of families within our community.
Our beautiful 5 acre campus in a farm-like setting connects our children to their natural world through earth science education, gardening, nature education and exploration.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-6
- Students: 164 students
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Mild Learning Differences
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 29%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
National avg.: 85%
- Offer academic excellence within an Educational Continuum from birth through 12 years that values a balanced approach to academic, social, emotional and self-development.
- Help children become confident, empathetic and adaptive human beings, eager to contribute to the world.
- Promote a sense of belonging and understanding through active family involvement.
- Retain passionate, collaborative teams of highly trained, innovative educators.
- Embrace our interconnectedness to and stewardship of the earth through a strong commitment to our unique and diverse outdoor environments.
Source: Verified school update
MCH was 100% the school that I had been searching for. It's a close community where classmates feel like family and the teachers care and ALWAYS go the extra mile. The school is considerate of the child's need and abilities; lessons are given in a way that the child will best understand them. The outdoor space is AMAZING and kids get more than 15 minutes at recess :) The Head of School is approachable, well-informed and very professional. I only wish MCH went into middle school or high school -- we will HATE TO LEAVE!!!
Endorse Montessori Children's House. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Which Schools Did Our Presidents Attend? Part 3 - Wilson to Trump
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
July 06, 2022Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.