Montessori Children's House
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (425) 868-7805
Montessori Children's House Photo #2 - Connectivity to the natural world and our farm animals develops a deep sense of empathy.
Montessori Children's House Photo #3 - Our beautiful outdoor environment inspires awe, wonder and imagination in young children.
Montessori Children's House Photo #4 - Kindergarten students wrapping up their Nature Club curriculum on our community inspired Nature Trail.
Montessori Children's House Photo #5 - Upper Elementary students wrap up their year with an annual Colonial Feast, following their studies in American History.
Montessori Children's House Photo #6 - Discovering our natural habitat is a wonderful experience for children at Montessori Children's House.
Montessori Children's House Photo #7 - MCH has a strong commitment to science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) at the Elementary levels. Upper Elementary students enjoying research on mini-ipads.
Montessori Children's House Photo #8 - Working on a puzzle with a control guide helps build hand/eye coordination, fine motor skills, independence and self confidence.
- Founded in 1987, Montessori Children's House is an American Montessori Society Accredited Montessori School in Redmond, Washington. MCH is committed to an excellent holistic Montessori education that includes the partnership and involvement of families within our community.
- Our beautiful 5 acre campus in a farm-like setting connects our children to their natural world through earth science education, gardening, nature education and exploration.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||164 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Melissa Kaiser|
- Offer academic excellence within an Educational Continuum from birth through 12 years that values a balanced approach to academic, social, emotional and self-development.
- Help children become confident, empathetic and adaptive human beings, eager to contribute to the world.
- Promote a sense of belonging and understanding through active family involvement.
- Retain passionate, collaborative teams of highly trained, innovative educators.
- Embrace our interconnectedness to and stewardship of the earth through a strong commitment to our unique and diverse outdoor environments.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellevue Grades: PK-8 | 656 students
14640 Ne 24th St
Bellevue, WA 98007
(425) 556-0791 4.8 PK-8
MCH was 100% the school that I had been searching for. It's a close community where classmates feel like family and the teachers care and ALWAYS go the extra mile. The school is considerate of the child's need and abilities; lessons are given in a way that the child will best understand them. The outdoor space is AMAZING and kids get more than 15 minutes at recess :) The Head of School is approachable, well-informed and very professional. I only wish MCH went into middle school or high school -- we will HATE TO LEAVE!!!
- Posted by Parent - Ann
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?