Montessori Children's House & School
5.00 (1 review)
- Just as each child is unique, each school has aspects that make it distinctive.
- For 42 years, Montessori Children’s House and School has been dedicated to providing quality Montessori education to children aged three to six years.
- Respect for each child’s individuality is integral to the Montessori approach, and every student is allowed to progress at his or her own rate.
- Although there is an emphasis on individual growth and personal responsibility, there is an equal emphasis on respect for others and fostering compassion and social development.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,750|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $5,520 to $11,000 per academic year depending on how long the student is in school per day|
|Admissions Director||Christa Montague|
|Admissions Associate||Kathy Loucas|
- MCHS possesses a wonderfully supportive parent community, and a truly diverse student population.
- Bolstered by its excellent reputation, MCHS was recognized as one of the metroplex’s finest preschools by D Magazine.
- MCHS is accredited by Association Montessori Internationale (AMI), the organization created by Dr. Maria Montessori to protect the authenticity of Montessori schools.
- AMI principles are also incorporated into our before and after school program.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Grades: PK-K | 111 students
7825 Fair Oaks Ave
Dallas, TX 75231
(214)340-1121 0.4 PK-K
- Dallas Grades: PK-5 | 181 students
9727 White Rock Trl
Dallas, TX 75238
(214)348-7410 0.7 PK-5
- Dallas Grades: PK-8 | 95 students
9807 Church Rd
Dallas, TX 75238
(214)343-7457 1.5 PK-8
- Dallas Grades: 7-12 | 24 students
8128 Park Ln Ste 125
Dallas, TX 75231 1.5 7-12
My son was at MCHS from age 4 to age 6 and thrived. He was more than ready for first grade at Lamplighter when he graduated. The guides are all wonderful and the building and grounds are beautiful. For all that you and your child get, the tuition and before/after care are a bargain. Highly recommend.
- Posted by Parent - Sammo
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.