Montessori Children's House & School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (214) 348-6276
- Just as each child is unique, each school has aspects that make it distinctive.
- For 50 years, Montessori Children`s House and School has been dedicated to providing quality Montessori education to children aged three to six years.
- Respect for each child`s individuality is integral to the Montessori approach, and every student is allowed to progress at his or her own rate.
- Although there is an emphasis on individual growth and personal responsibility, there is an equal emphasis on respect for others and fostering compassion and social development.
Montessori Children's House & School places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,710|
|Tuition Notes||$7,730 for 1/2 day, $10,710 for full day, optional after school tuition is $310 per month|
|Admissions Director||Christa Montague|
- MCHS possesses a wonderfully supportive parent community, and a truly diverse student population.
- Bolstered by its excellent reputation, MCHS was recognized as one of the metroplex`s finest preschools by D Magazine.
- MCHS is accredited by Association Montessori Internationale (AMI), the organization created by Dr. Maria Montessori to protect the authenticity of Montessori schools.
- AMI principles are also incorporated into our before and after school program.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Grades: PK-K | 111 students
7825 Fair Oaks Ave
Dallas, TX 75231
(214) 340-1121 0.4 PK-K
- Dallas Grades: NS-6
9727 White Rock Trl
Dallas, TX 75238
(214) 348-7410 0.7 NS-6
- Dallas Grades: PK-8 | 91 students
9807 Church Rd
Dallas, TX 75238
(214) 343-7457 1.5 PK-8
My son was at MCHS from age 4 to age 6 and thrived. He was more than ready for first grade at Lamplighter when he graduated. The guides are all wonderful and the building and grounds are beautiful. For all that you and your child get, the tuition and before/after care are a bargain. Highly recommend.
- Posted by Parent - Sammo
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.