St. Christopher Montessori
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (214) 363-9391
- St. Christopher Montessori is a spiritual legacy of love in action; created on a foundation of love, devotion, courage and family.
- Our family legacy began in 1984, when Bettye Meyerson ran the successful Carillon Montessori with her dearest friend and mentor, Claire Bagby.
- Working together with St. Christopher's Episcopal Church, the school was brought to its current location where we thrive today.
- Like all families, our Montessori family has seen its share of highs and lows.
- The loss of our founders and other inspirational figures has been deep, but we have all grown closer because of them.
- St. Christopher Montessori is an AMS accredited Montessori. Our teachers are certified, and those who are not are preparing to attend certification classes.
- Several of our teachers also have other education backgrounds complementary to the Montessori ideal.
- Additional training in CPR and First Aid are renewed annually by all staff.
- These components ensure your child has a loving, nurturing, fun environment in which to develop and grow.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- St. Christopher Montessori is a spiritual legacy of love in action; created on a foundation of love, devotion, courage and family. Our family legacy began in 1984, when Bettye Meyerson ran the successful Carillon Montessori with her dearest friend and mentor, Claire Bagby. Working together with St. Christopher's Episcopal Church, the school was brought to its current location where we thrive today. Like all families, our Montessori family has seen its share of highs and lows. The loss of our founders and other inspirational figures has been deep, but we have all grown closer because of them. St. Christopher Montessori is an AMS accredited Montessori. Our teachers are certified, and those who are not are preparing to attend certification classes. Several of our teachers also have other education backgrounds complementary to the Montessori ideal. Additional training in CPR and First Aid are renewed annually by all staff. These components ensure your child has a loving, nurturing, fun environment in which to develop and grow.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Grades: PK-8 | 263 students
6121 E. Lovers Lane
Dallas, TX 75214
(214) 363-1630 0.7 PK-8
- Dallas Grades: 6-12
8128 Park Lane, Suite 125
Dallas, TX 75231
(214) 363-4615 1.3 6-12
- Dallas Grades: PK-6 | 87 students
6464 E. Lovers Lane
Dallas, TX 75214
(214) 821-9466 1.3 PK-6
Being a working mom with 2 young kids, we''ve been at a few different schools over the years and SCMS is by far the best experience we had - both to my kids and for me as a parent - and even including the 2 elementary schools they are in now (PreK and Kinder). We have been at SCMS the past few years as a full-time day care, as well as Montessori school and could not have been more happy with our experience there. My kids learned an immense amount at SCMS, they were both reading at the age of 4 and absolutely love learning, which I believe they got from SCMS. They learned a lot about science, geography, world cultures, math, reading, writing and much more. If you are looking for a strict Montessori program this will not be for you, but this is another thing we liked about SCMS. They teach using Montessori methods and are very good at doing it properly, but they have flexibility, as well. The children are allowed more variety and creativity than the other Montessori schools my kids attended. The facility isn't fancy; I loved that it was a casual, flexible environment. Each of the 4 classrooms are unique, warm and inviting and they have plenty space for all their programs. This is a small school, both in size and community - all the teachers, kids and parents know each other. This is on purpose - they have been around forever and do not plan to expand. They prefer to be able to provide a top quality experience to all their students and employees and keep everyone harmonious, which they could not do if this were a big school. It also has a strong, welcoming community - from the teachers and staff to the parents and PTO. You also get great value at this school. Their philosophy is to make this type of quality education affordable for anyone by having a low cost basic program. Then, they offer many programs you may sign your kids up for and pay for separately. This gives all parents the ability for anyone to afford to send their kids here, which makes it a diverse community - from wealthy Highland Park families to lower income families whose parents work nearby. Programs offered include: Spanish and Chinese languages, tumbling (Stretch & Grow), Chess, computer classes, art classes (these were amazing!), ballet and dance, and others. And, again, you don't have to put your kids in any classes you aren't interested in. Also, the location is great! Right at 75 and Lovers Lane, it is very central and easy to get in and out of. I must specifically compliment Miss Becky for running an absolutely wonderful preschool and day care. The school was started by Becky's mom and she has taken it over and runs it so well. She truly cares about every single child and family and knows everyone's name and is super responsive by phone or email. In the years we were there I witnessed her handle a few very difficult and complicated situations with grace, kindness, professionalism and respect for law and regulations. Truly the perfect school administrator. There were so many wonderful teachers there, I can't list them all but if you want to know more about them I am happy to tell you more if you PM me. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about all the teachers there who loved, nurtured and educated my kids. When my kids started there they had only ever been at day care and MDO programs so it was an adjustment for them to longer school days and less cuddling and more serious teaching time - and the teachers were an amazing help. My little one found a teach who cuddled him like an extra mom and to this day he adores her like family. And, when my eldest went through a rowdy phase, his teacher was so patient and helpful - making it so that he did not get branded the "bad kid" and was given tools to keep himself calm. I can not tell you how impressed I was on many occasions with their caring and individual attention. We went through some difficult times in our family while we were there and the love and caring they showed us was a great support. Also, they do NOT have high turnover rates. Their teachers all stay for many years, some of them mothers and daughters who had been there since the daughter was a student. In the years we were there I only saw 1 teacher leave and 1 new teacher come. It is great to have the consistency for the young kids. We genuinely miss SCMS now that they kids have aged out and can not recommend this school, Miss Becky, their teachers and staff more highly. Definitely consider SCMS for your preschool.
- Posted by Parent - joey_
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.