Montessori Childrens Academy
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (586) 286-4566
- At Montessori Children's Academy, our primary goals are to observe children to determine their individual needs and to prepare an environment through which we can guide them to meet these needs. The school provides a non-graded, individualized learning environment for children beginning at age 2 months. MCA is recognized by the Associaton Montessori Internationale.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||102 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform Dress Code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||The tuition is dependent upon the program in which the child is enrolled.|
- At Montessori Children's Academy, our primary goals are to observe children to determine their individual needs and to prepare an environment through which we can guide them to meet these needs. The school provides a non-graded, individualized learning environment for children beginning at age 2 months. Licensed by the State of Michigan and accredited by the Michigan Montessori Society, it is open to children of all ethnic backgrounds and religious affiliations.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mount Clemens Grades: PK-5 | 240 students
1070 Hampton Road
Mount Clemens, MI 48043
(586) 465-5545 3.1 PK-5
- Clinton Township Grades: K-12 | 177 students
23130 N Remick Dr
Clinton Township, MI 48036
(586) 783-9630 4 K-12
- Clinton Township Grades: PK-8 | 320 students
20762 S Nunneley Road
Clinton Township, MI 48035
(586) 791-2170 3.6 PK-8
- Grosse Pointe Grades: PK-12 | 650 students
1045 Cook Road
Grosse Pointe, MI 48236
(313) 884-4444 13.5 PK-12
I have two children at this school - - one in primary and one in elementary and I will tell you that it is a great relief for me that I was lucky to find and get into this school. I did a lot of research on Montessori programs and schools in Macomb area and on the web and I learned a lot from this experience. Lucky!! -- because this is the only school in metro Detroit area which is recognized by A.M.I.(Association Montessori Internationale) and Not A.M.S.(American Montessori Society) which some schools are associated with. There is a huge difference --- - and that is why I feel so lucky.
- Posted by Parent - sonab
I have two children, one in the primary program and one in the toddler program. Both children are doing wonderfully and are excited for school everyday! I cannot believe how independent they have become since enrollment. The teachers are excellent observers and really know the needs of the children in their care. All of the staff and the Head of School have an unquestionable understanding of child development and have prepared the environment to meet the academic, physical, and social needs of the children in each classroom and outdoors. We will definetely keep our children here for Elementary because this is where our children so obviously feel at home.
- Posted by Parent - kryst
Great montessori program. My child has been there for 4 years now and I plan to keep them there through elementary. Like other reivewer said, you must go do an observation at this school before you send your child to another program.
- Posted by Parent - trygo
A great place for children to learn at their own pace.
- Posted by Parent - cyndi
You must visit this school before you enroll anywhere else. I think this school ranks as one of the top Montessori schools in Michigan. They are very true to the Montessori philosophy.
- Posted by Parent - sonab
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.