Montessori De Terra Linda
5.00 (2 reviews)
Our Upper Elementary classroom (4th-6th grades) takes a hike into the surrounding hillside of our campus, and later has the opportunity to journal while enjoying the vista at the top.
Our Pre-Primary (ages 2-3) students help care for their classroom by washing their chairs. Water 'work' is so much fun!
- Montessori de Terra Linda is a diverse community of teachers, parents and children working together for the education of the child, utilizing the methods of Maria Montessori.
- We serve children ages 2-12, providing a rich learning environment based upon the belief that all children can reach their personal and academic potential.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 26 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,500|
|Tuition Notes||The tuition represents a 5 day program for ages 3-6 from 8:30am-3:00pm. Other schedules and corresponding tuition rates available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,340|
|Admissions Director||Michelle Sebastian|
|Admissions Associate||Mae Rodriguez|
- Montessori de Terra Linda believes that the genuine cooperation of parents, students and educators combines to provide an effective and highly successful experience. Engaging and applying our core values, we work to develop responsible and caring studetns who are self-motivated and who respect themselves, their peers and their surroundings.
My family is starting its 5th year at MdTL and the school has become family. Each of the teachers that my children have had has been so incredibly versed in Montessori's principles and they truly create the most beautiful prepared environment for the children to grow in. We love that our kids are confident, unafraid to dig deep for answers, and have strong connections to wonderful leaders. We plan to keep both kids here through the 6th grade.
- Posted by Parent - Elementary and Primary parent :)
My family is in our 8th year at this school and we can not say enough great things about MdTL. The teachers, staff and administration have definitely made a positive impact on our children. My children take the social grace and courtesy with them where ever they go. I am frequently approached at restaurants and complemented on their behavior. I also love that my kids are not afraid to ask questions. Montessori has definitely sparked the inquisitive part of them. They are frequently the first to raise their hands when on a tour. My children truly love to learn.
- Posted by Parent - 4th and 6th grade Parent
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.