- Brandeis Marin is an independent K-8 school offering a rigorous academic program that encourages critical thinking, creativity and promotes leadership.
- Our accomplished and confident students value community, understand their connection to the world around them and are exceptionally well-prepared for high school and beyond..
Brandeis Marin places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||221 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,000|
|Tuition Notes||Central to the mission of Brandeis Marin is a commitment to provide a quality education to a diverse population of qualified students. Our Tuition Assistance program ensures that Brandeis Marin remains accessible to families with a wide range of economic|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Pamela Welner|
|Endowment Size||$5 million|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Swimming, Track and Field, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Golf,
Swimming, Track and Field,
- At Brandeis Marin, we nurture joyful and fearless learners. Our hands-on, theme-based curriculum challenges students to think critically, engage creatively and grow spiritually in true community. We offer integrated, innovative academics in reading, writing, math, science, social studies, Hebrew, Spanish (in middle school) and Jewish studies.
- Our program also includes art, athletics, drama, music, technology and outdoor education.
- Small class sizes (a 9:1 student to teacher ratio) allow us to truly know our students and their families to share in their joys and challenges. We`re also an authentically inclusive community and skilled at working with diverse learning styles and backgrounds. Our instructional philosophy reflects standards set by the state of California, national teachers` organizations and our own inspired, dynamic educators.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aptos Grades: PK-9 | 283 students
6230 Soquel Dr
Aptos, CA 95003
(831)476-1646 76.9 PK-9
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.