Montessori Family School - Early Childhood
The MFS Early Childhood Education Program nurtures young children's quest for independence.
They learn to control themselves physically and refine their gross and fine motor abilities.
Cognitively, they have the opportunity to explore a broad range of Montessori materials, including those that provide them with a solid foundation for beginning reading, and learning basic math concepts.
They also learn to become part of a community, make enduring friendships, and learn to socialize harmoniously. In the Classroom MFS classrooms are all multi-age, with Early Childhood classrooms serving children who are 3, 4, and 5 years old.
The third year-for the 5 year-old turning 6-is the "kindergarten" year.
The multi-age classroom provides an environment in which children can move at their own pace, and be both learners and teachers at the same time. Curriculum Studies by Maria Montessori and contemporary researchers support the notion that a child's first three years of life, and next three years of education outside the home, are the most important in shaping his or her personality and ability to learn.
Children learn more during this period of time than at any other, and set important patterns for the future.
Skills learned become the foundation that helps them grow in independence. Each of our preschool classrooms are divided into five distinct areas, each of which is devoted to learning about a particular subject.
There are separate places for children to engage in practical life studies, cultural studies, sensorial studies, and learn about language and math.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 50 students
- Yearly Tuition: $19,000
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Ranging from Preschool at $17,000 to Middle School at $23,300
% on Financial Aid
- Our Mission
- Preparation for Life,
- Education for Peace,
- A Community for Children. Preparation for Life: "A child is a discoverer. He is an amorphous splendid being in search of his own proper form." -- Dr. Maria Montessori.
- MFS prepares children to thrive. Purposeful activity, multi-age classrooms, adult and peer role models, and an exceptional Montessori curriculum prepare the students to participate meaningfully and skilfully in an ever-changing world. Students leave MFS primed for the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead in high school, college, and in life.Education for Peace: "The experience of our classroom is what lets us know that peace is possible, as Gandhi and Montessori envisioned it, if we `begin with the children.` " -- Jane Wechsler.
- The classroom is a place of peace at MFS. Children express their innate sense of justice, equality, and goodness within the classroom community. Regular experiences of peaceful conflict resolution, freedom within limits, and social responsibility cultivate a value system our graduates carry out into the greater world to contribute to a more peaceful society.A Community for Children: "Children are human beings to whom respect is due, superior to us by reason of their innocence and of the greater possibilities of their future." - Dr. Maria Montessori.
- The Montessori classroom is a loving community within which all members actively support one another while successfully pursuing their own development and interests. This sense of interconnectedness and responsibility iscarried by alumni and families into the community at large. MFS is a community of students, teachers, administrators, board members, and parents who are focused on doing that which serves children best.
Endorse Montessori Family School - Early Childhood. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.