Salesian High School
5.00 (1 review)
- In the spirit of Saint John Bosco, Salesian High School seeks to educate students by helping them to develop into good Christian men and women whose lives and accomplishments will be for the benefit of humankind and to the glory of God.
- Salesian High School is a private, co-educational, Catholic secondary school owned and sponsored by the Salesian Society, a religious institution of the Catholic Church.
- It provides college preparatory and general education for students from diverse socio-economic backgrounds, especially those who are poor, needy, or at risk without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, and/or socio-economic condition.
- It combines the elements of Church, school, playground, home, and family in accordance with Saint John Bosco's system of reason, religion, and loving kindness.
- In embracing Saint John Bosco's vision of community, the School relies on the collaboration of all members of the Salesian family-students, parents, administrators, teachers, staff, alumni/alumnae, and those benefactors from the public community who donate their time, efforts, and/or money to the school-as essential to the achievement of its spiritual and academic goals.
- In its educational programs, the School encourages students to develop their unique talents and gifts.
- It also values the innate worth and dignity of all students, and works to develop self-worth within each individual and respect for one another in a Christian community of faith, love, and fellowship.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||417 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Pablo Grades: PK-8 | 232 students
1825 Church Lane
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510)233-3080 0.3 PK-8
- Richmond Grades: K-6 | 4 students
2225 Gaynor Ave
Richmond, CA 94801
(510)236-9101 0.7 K-6
- El Sobrante Grades: NS-PK | 26 students
3240 San Pablo Dam Rd.
El Sobrante, CA 94803
(510)222-1144 0.9 NS-PK
- Richmond Grades: K-8 | 210 students
201 28th St
Richmond, CA 94804
(510)232-3326 1.3 K-8
I really recommend this school
- Posted by Student/Alumni - vanes
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.