St. Paul School
- St. Paul School, a K-8 parish school founded in 1952, serves the diverse cultural community in West Contra Costa County by assisting parents with their responsibility as the primary educators of their children.
- Firmly rooted in Catholic tradition and the Word of God, St. Paul School provides a quality education, which engages the whole child to become a faith-filled, responsible human being, with a love for God and learning.
- The philosophy of St. Paul School is twofold: first, to impart through instruction and example, the truths of the Christian faith as found in the Roman Catholic tradition; second, to provide an academic curriculum and learning environment that enables students to achieve their learning potential and become responsible individuals in our Church and society.
- We believe the parents and caregivers are the primary educators and support them in this role.
- We provide relevant learning experiences to help students become confident and competent individuals who live within their community with integrity and faith.
- We recognize and celebrate the cultural diversity unique to our school, encouraging students to develop attitudes of mutual respect and understanding.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||202 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?