St Paul School
- St. Paul School, a K-8 parish school founded in 1952, serves the diverse cultural community in West Contra Costa County by assisting parents with their responsibility as the primary educators of their children.
- Firmly rooted in Catholic tradition and the Word of God, St. Paul School provides a quality education, which engages the whole child to become a faith-filled, responsible human being, with a love for God and learning.
- The philosophy of St. Paul School is twofold: first, to impart through instruction and example, the truths of the Christian faith as found in the Roman Catholic tradition; second, to provide an academic curriculum and learning environment that enables students to achieve their learning potential and become responsible individuals in our Church and society.
- We believe the parents and caregivers are the primary educators and support them in this role.
- We provide relevant learning experiences to help students become confident and competent individuals who live within their community with integrity and faith.
- We recognize and celebrate the cultural diversity unique to our school, encouraging students to develop attitudes of mutual respect and understanding.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||232 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.