Montessori House Of Children
- Montessori House of Children is devoted to the education of children 2 through 7 years of age.
- Based on the non-discriminatory philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori, the school is carefully prepared to nurture the mental, emotional and physical well-being of each child.
- The school is committed to the belief that children learn best in an atmosphere which values the uniqueness of the individual.
- Therefore, the role of the teacher is to identify and meet the needs of the individual child through planned and spontaneous experiences.
- We recognize that the early years are the most formative in a child's development and that children need the opportunity to live as children, not simply as future adults.
- Each of the five classrooms, has two skilled teachers to guide the children through the day's activities.
- The curriculum includes lessons in practical life and sensorial skills, language, math, science, history, geography, art, and world culture.
- Additional classes are offered in French, Spanish, Gymnastics, and Piano.
- The school is equipped with specially designed Montessori apparatus and materials from Holland, the center of Montessori education.
- It provides two secure, airy playgrounds with slides, tricycles and play houses.
- In addition to the regular activities, the pre-school has holiday festivals, parades and theatrical performances put on by the children.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Van Nuys Grades: PK-2 | 86 students
6447 Woodman Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818)786-5169 0.3 PK-2
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.