- Montessori House of Children is devoted to the education of children 2 through 7 years of age.
- Based on the non-discriminatory philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori, the school is carefully prepared to nurture the mental, emotional and physical well-being of each child.
- The school is committed to the belief that children learn best in an atmosphere which values the uniqueness of the individual.
- Therefore, the role of the teacher is to identify and meet the needs of the individual child through planned and spontaneous experiences.
- We recognize that the early years are the most formative in a child's development and that children need the opportunity to live as children, not simply as future adults.
- Each of the five classrooms, has two skilled teachers to guide the children through the day's activities.
- The curriculum includes lessons in practical life and sensorial skills, language, math, science, history, geography, art, and world culture.
- Additional classes are offered in French, Spanish, Gymnastics, and Piano.
- The school is equipped with specially designed Montessori apparatus and materials from Holland, the center of Montessori education.
- It provides two secure, airy playgrounds with slides, tricycles and play houses.
- In addition to the regular activities, the pre-school has holiday festivals, parades and theatrical performances put on by the children.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.