- Children's Circle Nursery School was founded in 1975 to unite children, parents, and staff in a community-based nursery school.
- For more than four decades, the school has integrated children from many different ethnic, social, and economic backgrounds.
- Its goals revolve around the concepts of progressive and developmental education.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
- Infants, toddlers, and preschoolers learn best, we believe, by doing, rather than by being shown or told. We do not so much "teach" them as help them to learn. Children of this age thrive in an environment in which they can explore and experience a wide variety of age-appropriate activities, real materials, and people that are challenging and stimulating at their level of development. Whether it is painting, climbing up a ramp, working with play dough, or building with blocks, a child in the first five years is involved with the process of the activity the doing of it, the experiencing of it.
- Children`s Circle endeavors to provide a setting that is inviting, safe, and child-oriented. This environment allows the child to learn about themselves and their world, to make decisions, and to gain competence backed by a maximum of support and a minimum of interference from adults. We seek to provide materials, challenges, and guidance that are appropriate to the child`s level of development in all areas. One of the most basic yet important lessons a child will learn at the school is that they can be cared for and cared about in a new setting outside their previous experience. We think that this sense of comfort and security supports all other learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BurbankGrades: PK-K | 40 students
217 N Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
Woodland HillsGrades: NS-PK | 75 students
21321 Costanso St.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
Van NuysGrades: PK-KG | 15 students
14125 Burbank Blvd
Van Nuys, CA 91401
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.