Childrens Circle Nursery School
- Children's Circle Nursery School was founded in 1975 to unite children, parents, and staff in a community-based nursery school.
- For more than four decades, the school has integrated children from many different ethnic, social, and economic backgrounds.
- Its goals revolve around the concepts of progressive and developmental education.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Infants, toddlers, and preschoolers learn best, we believe, by doing, rather than by being shown or told. We do not so much "teach" them as help them to learn. Children of this age thrive in an environment in which they can explore and experience a wide variety of age-appropriate activities, real materials, and people that are challenging and stimulating at their level of development. Whether it is painting, climbing up a ramp, working with play dough, or building with blocks, a child in the first five years is involved with the process of the activity the doing of it, the experiencing of it.
- Children`s Circle endeavors to provide a setting that is inviting, safe, and child-oriented. This environment allows the child to learn about themselves and their world, to make decisions, and to gain competence backed by a maximum of support and a minimum of interference from adults. We seek to provide materials, challenges, and guidance that are appropriate to the child`s level of development in all areas. One of the most basic yet important lessons a child will learn at the school is that they can be cared for and cared about in a new setting outside their previous experience. We think that this sense of comfort and security supports all other learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burbank Grades: PK-K | 40 students
217 N Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
(818)848-8226 5.6 PK-K
- Woodland Hills Grades: NS-PK | 75 students
21321 Costanso St.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
(818)992-1942 9.6 NS-PK
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.