Montessori School at Old Field, Inc.
- Montessori School @ Old Field, Inc. is a school that strives to practice the Montessori Method as closely as possible.
- It is a school dedicated to serve children. The school believes in the philosophy from which it was founded...to provide a learning environment that is true to Montessori principles and precepts.
- The success of the school, however, does not only depend on the presence of Montessori materials and trained teachers.
- Children meet success in a Montessori School because their families make choices in tune with Montessori.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||17 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(We do require students have indoor and outdoor shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Five days a week, half-day: $6,000 Five days a week, full-day: $9,600|
|Admissions Director||Bernardita McHugh|
|Admissions Associate||Caterina Reed|
- Tour: tours are scheduled any day of the week. Please contact the school office to schedule a tour. Your child does not have to be present for the initial tour. *Please note: Photo identification will be required for all visitors to the school.
- Application Form: please complete the application form which you will receive during your tour. Please return to Montessori School at Old Field, Inc. 1 Dyke Road, Setauket, NY 11733. A non-refundable fee of $75 must accompany the application form.
- Visit & Interview: after submitting the application, it is necessary to schedule a visit and interview for your child. This is scheduled through the school office.
- Records: we require the most recent progress report cards, achievement scores, and immunization records.
- Teacher Recommendation Letter: a recommendation letter is required from the teacher of your child's present school. This letter is especially important for admissions to the elementary program.
- Admission Decision: the Administrator reviews each prospective student's application. Admission decisions are immediately given after compliance with all requirements have been submitted to the school office.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 236 students
185 Court Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718)858-5100 23.4 PK-8
- Freeport Grades: K-8 | 111 students
50 N Main St
Freeport, NY 11520
(516)546-2020 1.8 K-8
- Huntington Station Grades: PK-9
165 Pidgeon Hill Rd Ste 1
Huntington Station, NY 11746
(631)423-3557 14.2 PK-9
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.