Montpelier Waldorf Child's Garden
Overview: The Child's Garden was founded in 1991 and is a mixed-age Preschool and childcare center located in Montpelier.
It occupies a farmhouse on a beautiful tract of land with hills, open meadows and forest.
We use the open space for hiking, festivals and lots of sledding in the winter months.
Our classes are small with a maximum class size of 15 at the Child's Garden. The Child's Garden is a satellite program of the Orchard Valley Waldorf School.
With locations in Montpelier and East Montpelier, the Orchard Valley Waldorf School was founded in 2004 and is the result of a coordinated effort by the families of the Child's Garden in Montpelier and the Three Rivers School in Berlin to establish a permanent home for a Waldorf grade school in central Vermont.
Our East Montpelier campus is located on a beautiful 55-acre property set on rolling hills, extensive river frontage, and spectacular views.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool
- Students: 11 students
- Yearly Tuition: $4,400
- Average class size: 11 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 10%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
$2450 2-day annual tuition; $3200 3-day annual tuition; $4000 4-day annual tuition
% on Financial Aid
- Montpelier Waldorf Early Childhood classrooms offer warmth, simplicity, and beauty. The child's kinship with nature is honored through story, song, and verse, following the rhythm of each day and the celebration of the seasons. Children are involved in the real-life work of gardening, grinding grain, baking bread, carding wool, and preparing for shared meals, as well as a weekly rhythm of artistic activities. It is within this wholesome environment that social experience and a sense of community begin to grow. The day's activities flow from one to the next in a rhythmical manner, responding to the young child's innate need for consistency. Special care is given to create a beautiful, unhurried and secure play environment. Storytelling and puppetry focus on nature stories and fairy tales to nourish the child's imagination and enhance free play activities.
Endorse Montpelier Waldorf Child's Garden. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.