Nativity Prep Academy
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (619) 544-9455
- Nativity Prep Academy is a private, Catholic, tuition-free middle school, grades 6 through 8, for students who will represent the first generation in their families to graduate from college.
- We offer an extended school day and summer program, along with a graduate support program to ensure all students go on to graduate from high school and college.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||67 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki or navy blue pants or skirts, light blue school-issued polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 28 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Nativity Prep is a tuition-free Catholic school, but admission is limited to low-income families and students who represent the the first generation in their families to graduate from college.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Bill Sullivan|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art, Associated Student Body, Choir, Lego Robotics, Ministry Team, Origami, Technology, Yearbook
- Nativity Prep Academy is an independent, accredited, tuition-free middle school in the Jesuit tradition, impacting over 200 young lives each year-60+ hardworking students in grades six, seven, and eight, and more than 150 of our graduates in high school and college. All of our students represent the first generation in their families to earn a college education, and all are from low-income families. Our long-term goal with all of our students is that each earns his or her college degree from a four-year U.S. college or university.
- We offer our students a rigorous and balanced curriculum and a variety of extracurricular programs, all geared towards assuring each of them excels in the best high schools in San Diego after graduating from Nativity Prep. Our mission day in and day out, therefore, focuses on their full development as young men and women-academically, socially, physically, spiritually, and emotionally. This classic approach to education, what the Jesuits call cura personalis (care for the individual person), is the foundation of all that we do.
- Our work does not end when our students graduate from the eighth grade. Through our comprehensive Graduate Support Program, we help subsidize high school tuition costs for our alumni and help them navigate the process for college admissions and financial aid.
- Whether you are a prospective parent, benefactor, or volunteer, I encourage you to explore our website to learn more about who we are and what we do, our students` successes, and the many ways that you can get involved.
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Nativity Prep Academy is Tabernacle Christian Academy (0.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: PK-12 | 56 students
1765 Pentecost Way
San Diego, CA 92105
(619) 264-1721 0.8 PK-12
- San Diego Grades: PK-7 | 54 students
4079 54th Street
San Diego, CA 92105
(619) 229-2800 1.2 PK-7
- San Diego Grades: K-8 | 121 students
4551 56th Street
San Diego, CA 92115
(619) 582-3862 1.8 K-8
- San Diego Grades: K-8 | 94 students
4106 42nd St
San Diego, CA 92105
(619) 284-1715 2 K-8
This is an amazing school. My kids love it! They learn so many new things but there is also many activities for them. They go to camps, retreats, and they have many clubs. Many alumni have gone to amazing colleges and have been very successful.
- Posted by Parent - Luis Fajardo
As a previous student at Nativity Prep Academy I have the honor of saying I am really grateful of all the support NPA gave me. I learned many skills that helped me improve in my education.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ashley Gonzalez
Both of my daughters attend this middle school, and every single time they will mention how they love the school. My youngest daughter is currently attending Narivity Prep, as for my oldest daughter she is an alumni. They always tell me how the teachers are amazing, the library is fantastic, and the classmates are very supportive and hardworking. My oldest daughter enjoys the Graduate Support Program, which helps high school students to have tools an resources to excel at their school. Nativity Prep has truly become a second family to us.
- Posted by Parent - Yanett Valentin
Nativity Prep provides a positive place where students can learn and are supported in a variety of ways so that they can do their very best and succeed. Teachers, staff and volunteers provide good role models and nurture a community of caring young people as they prepare them to give back and use their gifts to make the world a better place.
- Posted by Parent - Monica
This is truly an amazing school. This is a tuition free school. All children attending NPA must qualify for the federal free lunch program. The academics are rigorous. All graduates are supported by the school until they graduate from college. The commitment to each student is for eleven years - from 6th grade to college graduation. NPA alumni now attend Yale and other private universities, the University of California schools, and the California State Universities. This is a unique program that really has no parallel in San Diego.
- Posted by Administrator - hgdan
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.