St Martin Of Tours Academy
5.00 (1 review)
St Martin Of Tours Academy Photo #2 - Our beautiful, clean and peaceful campus provides a secure and safe place for optimal learning. There are opportunities for students to complete projects outdoors in our upper courtyard and garden area.
St Martin Of Tours Academy Photo #3 - SMA offers Fine Arts, PE, Computer lab, ChromeBooks, iPad sessions, Parochial Sports (K-8), participation in SteamMaker Fest, SeaPerch Underwater Robotics, extensive enrichment classes and day care before and after school.
- Founded on September 1951, St. Martin of Tours Academy is a Catholic parish elementary school whose purpose is to provide students with moral and spiritual formation and a solid academic foundation.
- Faith, culture and life are brought into harmony through a curriculum and system of education that equips students with skills for lifelong learning.
- Each student is challenged to internalize values and prepare for life as a committed Christian who contributes to the needs for justice, love, and peace in the world.
- With a student centered orientation, we strive toward the holistic development of each individual.
- To this end, we employ a system of human growth and a learning process which insures that all students have equal opportunities to learn how to think, how to learn, and how to make responsible decisions in their own lives.
- In this educational process, teachers work in close communication with parents.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||247 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||Various tuition rates based on number of children, volunteer opportunities.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,200|
|Admissions Director||Diane Hartley|
|Admissions Associate||Anne Pacheco|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBasketball, Flag Football,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Academy, CYT, Mad Science, Paul Effman Band Class, Woodshop Wizard, Yearbook class|
- Parents can expect the best for their children at St. Martin of Tours Academy. Our teachers combine their talents and energy to create an educational program of recognized quality. Our goal is to lead each child to the fullness of human development and intellectual potential. We do this not only through formal instruction, but also by knowing each child individually. Care is taken to encourage self-esteem while providing a strong academic foundation for each student. St. Martin of Tours Academy is a fully accredited elementary school from which students: Excel scholastically with a strong self esteem, are critical and precise thinkers, take initiative and are independent and comfortable with challenging academic risks and are confident in our Catholic values. A Catholic education is an advantage for life. Discover how St. Martin of Tours Academy is unique with an educational system integrating spiritual and human development, life skills, and intellectual challenge. We employ a system of human growth and a learning process called Pilon Workshop Way which ensures that all students have equal opportunities to learn how to think, how to learn and how to make responsible decisions in their own lives. We base our philosophy of education on the premise that all persons are created equal in worth as human beings. In justice, children have a right to grow to the fullest potential in an atmosphere of utmost reverence and respect. Diane Hartley Principal
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: NS-8 | 125 students
4551 56th Street
San Diego, CA 92115
(619)582-3862 2.6 NS-8
- San Diego Grades: PK-8 | 148 students
4106 42nd St
San Diego, CA 92105
(619)284-1715 4.4 PK-8
- San Diego Grades: PK-8 | 351 students
6440 St. Therese Way
San Diego, CA 92120
(619)583-6270 3.4 PK-8
Great school and teachers, love the environment.
- Posted by Parent - Sherly
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.