St. Martin Of Tours Academy
St. Martin Of Tours Academy Photo #2 - Our beautiful, clean and peaceful campus provides a secure and safe place for optimal learning. There are opportunities for students to complete projects outdoors in our upper courtyard and garden area.
St. Martin Of Tours Academy Photo #3 - SMA offers Fine Arts, PE, Computer lab, ChromeBooks, iPad sessions, Parochial Sports (K-8), participation in SteamMaker Fest, SeaPerch Underwater Robotics, extensive enrichment classes and day care before and after school.
Founded on September 1951, St. Martin of Tours Academy is a Catholic parish elementary school whose purpose is to provide students with moral and spiritual formation and a solid academic foundation.
Faith, culture and life are brought into harmony through a curriculum and system of education that equips students with skills for lifelong learning.
Each student is challenged to internalize values and prepare for life as a committed Christian who contributes to the needs for justice, love, and peace in the world.
With a student centered orientation, we strive toward the holistic development of each individual.
To this end, we employ a system of human growth and a learning process which insures that all students have equal opportunities to learn how to think, how to learn, and how to make responsible decisions in their own lives.
In this educational process, teachers work in close communication with parents.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 247 students
- Yearly Tuition: $5,500
- Average class size: 25 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Various tuition rates based on number of children, volunteer opportunities.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Chess Academy, CYT, Mad Science, Paul Effman Band Class, Woodshop Wizard, Yearbook class
- Parents can expect the best for their children at St. Martin of Tours Academy. Our teachers combine their talents and energy to create an educational program of recognized quality. Our goal is to lead each child to the fullness of human development and intellectual potential. We do this not only through formal instruction, but also by knowing each child individually. Care is taken to encourage self-esteem while providing a strong academic foundation for each student. St. Martin of Tours Academy is a fully accredited elementary school from which students: Excel scholastically with a strong self esteem, are critical and precise thinkers, take initiative and are independent and comfortable with challenging academic risks and are confident in our Catholic values. A Catholic education is an advantage for life. Discover how St. Martin of Tours Academy is unique with an educational system integrating spiritual and human development, life skills, and intellectual challenge. We employ a system of human growth and a learning process called Pilon Workshop Way which ensures that all students have equal opportunities to learn how to think, how to learn and how to make responsible decisions in their own lives. We base our philosophy of education on the premise that all persons are created equal in worth as human beings. In justice, children have a right to grow to the fullest potential in an atmosphere of utmost reverence and respect. Diane Hartley Principal
Great school and teachers, love the environment.
Endorse St. Martin Of Tours Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.