Shepherd Of The Hills Lutheran School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (619) 469-9443
- Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran School is a private Kindergarten to 8th-grade Christian school that has been serving families in the La Mesa/El Cajon area with excellence in Christian education for more than 40 years.
- We invite you to learn more about the Christ-centered quality education that we can offer to your children.
- Our multi-grade setting allows us to more individualize instruction to focus on student strengths and improve student's weaknesses. Contact us to learn more.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod School Accreditation (WELSSA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,950|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten tuition is $3000. We have tuition breaks for families with more than one student.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Timothy Vogel|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Shows, Choir, Drama, Forensics (Public Speaking)|
Club or Organization:
- Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran School will provide your children with an excellent academic education guided by God`s word from grades K to 8th grade. Children are challenged - inside the classroom and out to focus on success, to work hard, and to achieve his or her potential by the grace of God. Classrooms, drama productions, athletic competition, musical performance, and all other activities at Shepherd of the Hills are focused on building a successful foundation for high school and beyond.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Mesa Grades: NS-8 | 322 students
7929 La Mesa Blvd
La Mesa, CA 91941
(619) 462-5211 2.5 NS-8
- La Mesa Grades: 1-12 | 58 students
7200 Parkway Drive
La Mesa, CA 91942
(619) 583-6762 2.7 1-12
My children are blessed to be students at Shepherd! Yes, the teachers do a great job of teaching, but they do more than that. Their Christian faith is so evident in their lessons and interactions with the children. They personally care about each student in their classroom. My children will be very well prepared for high school in all regards. Shepherd of the Hills is a blessing for my family!
- Posted by Parent - Paul
We've been sending our son to SOTH for the past two years and couldn't be more pleased! Everything from the doctrinaly sound curriculum to the faculty and even the location; this school fits our family and our values perfectly. If you are a Christian, looking for a solid and Christ-centered education for your young one, this school is definitely for you!
- Posted by Parent - Sheena
I was a bit skeptical of the multi-grade classroom... until all four of our children have been enrolled. The setting has allowed our children to learn at their own pace, regardless of grade level, as the teachers can adjust their individual ability levels in any given subject with the grade level that is appropriate for them. While the school has many strengths, one that we truly appreciate is the real connection that the teachers make with each student and the genuine desire they have to help each child succeed.
- Posted by Parent - Aaron
Both of my children have attended Shepherd of the Hills. I can't say enough good things about it. The values and morals that are instilled in the children there make for such a positive learning environment. The children can focus on their studies, without engaging in peer conflicts, bullying, and other negative distractions that may be more prevalent in a public school environment. The small class size is a major plus, as is the multi-grade classroom, allowing the children to learn from each other in a unique way. The Christ-centered approach to learning and life is of infinite value. I highly recommend this school!
- Posted by Parent - Julie Jeffery
The multi-grade classrooms are an amazing classroom environment that allows my kids learn more than they would at their grade level. I am sometimes amazed at what they have learned just by being in a classroom with many different grades.
- Posted by Parent - sdvparent
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.