New Covenant School Inc
- New Covenant Christian School is a private school offering Parent-directed education.
- Students learn using a wide variety of methods and curricula.
- Our staff will assist you in developing a plan of learning customized to your child's needs and destiny. Textbooks, online courses, computerized courses, site classes, and community activities are just some of the options offered. Check our website for details.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Human Geography, Computer Science,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No shorts; conservative)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jul. 1|
|Tuition Notes||$100 per semester paid by August 1|
|Admissions Director||Sandra W Hancock|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Theatre Tech, Theatre/Drama
- New Covenant School Inc. is a school designed to aid and support homeschooling families. We provide all the usual support and many activities expected from a private school. Originally known as New Covenant Christian School established in 1985, we are now officially New Covenant School Inc., a free standing 501(c) 3 corporation.
- Activities includes Spring drama productions, and Science Labs for Life Science, Earth Science, Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics for grades 7-12. We also provide composition grading, and online meetings and seminars (both online and in person). Weekly Math Clinic provides support and help for students in Pre-Algebra through college mathematics, and is supervised by a professional research mathematician.
- We provide annual testing using the Stanford Achievement Testing for grades 6-12th. Seniors take either the ACT or Scholastic Achievement Test.
- Students in grades 6-12 present to a non-relative staff person all work from which they desire graduation credits. A list of what is required to receive credit in each subject is available. We also have requirements for Honor Courses and for our Honor Graduates. A copy of this is also provided.
- A full cap and gown graduation ceremony occurs each May as well as an annual Awards Night in May the awards for activities and contests for the year are presented. Students in grades 6-12 participate in the annual Melbourne Arts Festival.
- Our staff provides academic and educational assistance for families in teaching, curricula, behaviors, encouragement, and support. Mrs. Hancock, the Principal, has over 34 years experience in home education, including homeschooling all three of her own children from Kindergarten through grade 12, and all have successfully completed college, graduating a software engineer, a doctor of Criminal Justice, and a stage manager.
- NCS also has a curricula library of books, teacher manuals, and teacher materials that can be checked out for the school year. We also have a collection of science equipment for parents to check out for their student(s).
- Our goal is to help students and parents discover and develop their talents, giftings, and abilities in order to assist them in finding their destinies, whether that destiny be entry into a career, enlistment into military service, or via college. A list of colleges from which our students have graduated is available for viewing.
- While we are a Christian school, we do not require our families to be Christian. However, we do require that all families follow our printed guidelines for Christian behavior at school events and activities.
- We are happy to assist our parents in their homeschooling experience and welcome you into our school.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Melbourne Grades: PK-12 | 37 students
155 E University Blvd
Melbourne, FL 32901
(321)728-1700 0.6 PK-12
- Melbourne Grades: 9-12 | 401 students
100 E Florida Ave
Melbourne, FL 32901
(321)727-0793 0.8 9-12
- Melbourne Grades: PK-K | 157 students
2200 Dairy Road
Melbourne, FL 32904
(321)951-4457 0.9 PK-K
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.