New Road School
- The New Road School of Parlin originated as New Road's premier school in Highland Park, NJ, in 1986.
- The school then moved to a new building on Lexington Avenue in East Brunswick in 1988 before relocating to its present site in Parlin in July 2004.
- Our 32,000-square-foot building has allowed us to greatly expand the program.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The New Road School of Parlin serves students aged 5 to 21 years old. Instructional and behavioral programs are customized to meet each child's unique learning style. One of the most important areas of concern is reading, so there are 12 to 14 different reading programs currently available to teachers within our school. The children receive occupational and speech therapy as dictated by their individual IEP's, and the New Road School of Parlin also offers a career education program that prepares students for future endeavors either back in a district public school or out in their larger community.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Old BridgeGrades: PK-12 | 310 students
123 White Oak Lane
Old Bridge, NJ 08857
- PiscatawayGrades: PK-12 | 489 students
2008 Ethel Rd
Piscataway, NJ 08854
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.