New Road School
- The New Road School of Parlin originated as New Road's premier school in Highland Park, NJ, in 1986.
- The school then moved to a new building on Lexington Avenue in East Brunswick in 1988 before relocating to its present site in Parlin in July 2004.
- Our 32,000-square-foot building has allowed us to greatly expand the program.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The New Road School of Parlin serves students aged 5 to 21 years old. Instructional and behavioral programs are customized to meet each child's unique learning style. One of the most important areas of concern is reading, so there are 12 to 14 different reading programs currently available to teachers within our school. The children receive occupational and speech therapy as dictated by their individual IEP's, and the New Road School of Parlin also offers a career education program that prepares students for future endeavors either back in a district public school or out in their larger community.
Profile last updated: 08/27/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Old BridgeGrades: PK-12 | 310 students
123 White Oak Lane
Old Bridge, NJ 08857
South AmboyGrades: 9-12 | 284 students
310 Augusta St
South Amboy, NJ 08879
PiscatawayGrades: PK-12 | 489 students
2008 Ethel Rd
Piscataway, NJ 08854
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?