- The New Road School of Parlin originated as New Road's premier school in Highland Park, NJ, in 1986.
- The school then moved to a new building on Lexington Avenue in East Brunswick in 1988 before relocating to its present site in Parlin in July 2004.
- Our 32,000-square-foot building has allowed us to greatly expand the program.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The New Road School of Parlin serves students aged 5 to 21 years old. Instructional and behavioral programs are customized to meet each child's unique learning style. One of the most important areas of concern is reading, so there are 12 to 14 different reading programs currently available to teachers within our school. The children receive occupational and speech therapy as dictated by their individual IEP's, and the New Road School of Parlin also offers a career education program that prepares students for future endeavors either back in a district public school or out in their larger community.
Profile last updated: 08/27/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Old BridgeGrades: PK-12 | 310 students
123 White Oak Lane
Old Bridge, NJ 08857
South AmboyGrades: 9-12 | 284 students
310 Augusta St
South Amboy, NJ 08879
PiscatawayGrades: PK-12 | 489 students
2008 Ethel Rd
Piscataway, NJ 08854
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.