It’s our mission to teach students the interpersonal skills necessary to function in today’s competitive world while becoming a productive member of society.
By designing and implementing individual education plans, we strive to equip them with the academic skills necessary for success.
Whether the individual student decides to continue onto higher-education, trade-school or enter directly in the workforce, they leave The Rugby School with a sense of pride and confidence to pursue goals.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 2-12
- Enrollment: 116 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Thirty-five years ago, The Rugby School at Woodfield opened its doors and hearts to special needs students, their parents and guardians. Over time, we have developed into a comprehensive k-12 day program that offers: quality academics, clinical and medical services, and vocation/college preparation with hands-on experience. It’s our mission to teach students the interpersonal skills necessary to function in today’s competitive world while becoming a productive member of society. By designing and implementing individual education plans, we strive to equip them with the academic skills necessary for success. Whether the individual student decides to continue onto higher-education, trade-school or enter directly in the workforce, they leave The Rugby School with a sense of pride and confidence to pursue goals. Our dedicated staff is an integral part of our program. They hold advanced degrees and certifications in various fields such as: Special Education, Fine Arts, Holistic Health, Nursing, Psychology, Social-Work, and Public & School Administration. This eclectic community of individuals comes together each day at 8:30 a.m. with one common purpose in mind, to work with these students. Five days a week, learning is happening in classrooms, hallways and offices. In addition to academics, The Rugby School provides: Individual, Speech and Occupational Therapy, and Health Services & Wellness Center. Counseling services are provided by both certified school social workers and school counselors. Individual and Group counseling techniques can be seen during Art Therapy, Social Skills and Integrative Counseling. Health Services are provided by a Nurse Practitioner in collaboration with a Medical Doctor and on-staff Psychiatrist. The Wellness Center promotes healthy life style choices by promoting Healthy Snacks and Fitness Fund-raisers such as: Lance Armstrong’s Live It! Program. At The Rugby School at Woodfield we are committed to the success of our students. We look beyond labels, reach the inner person and create a healthy, positive learning experience for these special children.The school serves nine counties and fifty-seven school districts.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for The Rugby School?
The application deadline for The Rugby School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse The Rugby School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.