Your child is an original. There is no other child in the world like your child.
Your child is uniquely designed and brilliant in their own special way.
Shouldn`t your child`s education be original For nearly 40 years, The Harbor School has been providing a dynamic, innovative academic experience for young children in the Washington, DC area.
Our "inquiry-based" approach underlies all that we do, drawing upon your child`s innate brilliance to craft an educational program that is joyful, well-rounded and exciting.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-2
- Enrollment: 103 students
- Yearly Tuition: $20,860
- Acceptance rate: 75%
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 38%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Feb. 1 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Additional fees apply. Tuition for Preschool 3's and Half-day 4's is $11,390 (2015-2016)
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
- Your child is an original. There is no other child in the world like your child. Your child is uniquely designed and brilliant in their own special way. Shouldn`t your child`s education be original
- For nearly 40 years, The Harbor School has been providing a dynamic, innovative academic experience for young children in the Washington, DC area. Our "inquiry-based" approach underlies all that we do, drawing upon your child`s innate brilliance to craft an educational program that is joyful, well-rounded and exciting.
- The school provides a well-balanced curriculum which integrates an appropriately challenging academic program with study in the fine and performing arts, library science, foreign language, physical education and technology. We believe strongly that children learn best through experience. In this regard, we provide a variety of learning opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom.
- With highly specialized faculty, an engaging curriculum and a commitment to creativity, The Harbor School excels at boosting the confidence, independence and intellect of young learners from Preschool through Second Grade. We are one of few accredited schools in the Washington area that focuses on these vital early years.
- - Our students enjoy a balance of responsibility and freedom that helps them grow as both learners and individuals.
- - Harbor students learn how to make their own decisions and see how their choices affect their classmates and their community.
- - Beyond education, we place a strong emphasis on maturation - helping our students discover who they are as individuals, what they can do and who they want to be.
- - The fabric of our school community is woven together from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We value every student and celebrate our differences as well as our similarities.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Harbor School cost?
Harbor School's tuition is approximately $20,860 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Harbor School?
The acceptance rate of Harbor School is 75%, which is lower than the national average of 82%.
When is the application deadline for Harbor School?
The application deadline for Harbor School is Feb. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Harbor School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Examining the Current State of Vouchers in Arizona
This comprehensive article explores the current state of voucher programs in Arizona, examining the relevant state laws, pros and cons, and their impact on education. Gain authoritative insights into the Empowerment Scholarship Accounts (ESA) program, equity concerns, and the ongoing debate surrounding educational choice in Arizona.
Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.