NorthStar Academy is a private online 4th-12th grade diploma granting school.
NSA is dual accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) through AdvancED. NSA was the first online accredited Christian school in the US and is currently ranked #1 by three different organizations.
NSA is staffed by highly qualified certified Christian educators with a passion for student discipleship.
NorthStar offers more than 200 courses including 19 advanced placement courses.
NSA also has a thriving student body with clubs, activities, student government and more. Come see why we are ranked number one!.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 19%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
Average SAT score
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
- As a fully accredited school with almost 20 years pioneering online Christian education, you can be sure that you are getting the best online education possible.
- You will immediately notice a different at NorthStar Academy from the very first interaction with our office and support staff to your child's classroom experience. Our mission at NorthStar is to personally invest in our students and families so that we can show them Jesus while at the same time providing them a high-quality college preparatory education. At part of the Network of International Christian Schools, our teachers see themselves as more than just graders, they are disciple makers.
- That is not the only thing that makes us different than other online schools. At NorthStar Academy, more than 85% of the courses are written by our own teachers. That means that your child is being taught by the teacher who wrote the course. This creates a more genuine experience for each student as they move from teacher to teacher experiencing the uniqueness of each teacher's style preventing boardom from setting in when every class looks and feels the same. It also means that the teachers are intimately aware of their course and can therefore be more responsive to student needs as well as adjust the course as needed.
- You will find the office and technical support staff at NSA to be highly reponsive and engaged in the process of making sure that you and your child are on boarded well, and they are always standing by ready and willing to help!
- All of that teacher and support staff commitment to excellence means that your child will succeed. NSA's students are accepted to colleges and universities all over the US and around the world. A list of universities that our graduates have been accepted to is available in the school profile at www.northstar-academy.org
- The NorthStar team is confident that from first contact through graduation you will notice the NorthStar difference!
Endorse Northstar Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.