NorthStar Academy is a private online 4th-12th grade diploma granting school.
NSA is dual accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) through AdvancED. NSA was the first online accredited Christian school in the US and is currently ranked #1 by three different organizations.
NSA is staffed by highly qualified certified Christian educators with a passion for student discipleship.
NorthStar offers more than 200 courses including 19 advanced placement courses.
NSA also has a thriving student body with clubs, activities, student government and more. Come see why we are ranked number one!.
- Top Ranked MS School
- Grades: 4-12
- Enrollment: 1,435 students
- Yearly Tuition: $3,615
- Acceptance rate: 100%
- Average class size: 11 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 19%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
Average SAT score
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
- As a fully accredited school with almost 20 years pioneering online Christian education, you can be sure that you are getting the best online education possible.
- You will immediately notice a different at NorthStar Academy from the very first interaction with our office and support staff to your child's classroom experience. Our mission at NorthStar is to personally invest in our students and families so that we can show them Jesus while at the same time providing them a high-quality college preparatory education. At part of the Network of International Christian Schools, our teachers see themselves as more than just graders, they are disciple makers.
- That is not the only thing that makes us different than other online schools. At NorthStar Academy, more than 85% of the courses are written by our own teachers. That means that your child is being taught by the teacher who wrote the course. This creates a more genuine experience for each student as they move from teacher to teacher experiencing the uniqueness of each teacher's style preventing boardom from setting in when every class looks and feels the same. It also means that the teachers are intimately aware of their course and can therefore be more responsive to student needs as well as adjust the course as needed.
- You will find the office and technical support staff at NSA to be highly reponsive and engaged in the process of making sure that you and your child are on boarded well, and they are always standing by ready and willing to help!
- All of that teacher and support staff commitment to excellence means that your child will succeed. NSA's students are accepted to colleges and universities all over the US and around the world. A list of universities that our graduates have been accepted to is available in the school profile at www.northstar-academy.org
- The NorthStar team is confident that from first contact through graduation you will notice the NorthStar difference!
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Northstar Academy cost?
Northstar Academy's tuition is approximately $3,615 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Northstar Academy?
The acceptance rate of Northstar Academy is 100%, which is higher than the national average of 94%.
What is Northstar Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Northstar Academy?
The application deadline for Northstar Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Northstar Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.