Tel: (662) 892-4380
- NorthStar Academy is a private online 4th-12th grade diploma granting school.
- NSA is dual accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) through AdvancED. NSA was the first online accredited Christian school in the US and is currently ranked #1 by three different organizations.
- NSA is staffed by highly qualified certified Christian educators with a passion for student discipleship.
- NorthStar offers more than 200 courses including 19 advanced placement courses.
- NSA also has a thriving student body with clubs, activities, student government and more. Come see why we are ranked number one!.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Total Students||1,316 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||47:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|Average SAT score||1300|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,615|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Megan Carpenter|
- As a fully accredited school with almost 20 years pioneering online Christian education, you can be sure that you are getting the best online education possible.
- You will immediately notice a different at NorthStar Academy from the very first interaction with our office and support staff to your child's classroom experience. Our mission at NorthStar is to personally invest in our students and families so that we can show them Jesus while at the same time providing them a high-quality college preparatory education. At part of the Network of International Christian Schools, our teachers see themselves as more than just graders, they are disciple makers.
- That is not the only thing that makes us different than other online schools. At NorthStar Academy, more than 85% of the courses are written by our own teachers. That means that your child is being taught by the teacher who wrote the course. This creates a more genuine experience for each student as they move from teacher to teacher experiencing the uniqueness of each teacher's style preventing boardom from setting in when every class looks and feels the same. It also means that the teachers are intimately aware of their course and can therefore be more responsive to student needs as well as adjust the course as needed.
- You will find the office and technical support staff at NSA to be highly reponsive and engaged in the process of making sure that you and your child are on boarded well, and they are always standing by ready and willing to help!
- All of that teacher and support staff commitment to excellence means that your child will succeed. NSA's students are accepted to colleges and universities all over the US and around the world. A list of universities that our graduates have been accepted to is available in the school profile at www.northstar-academy.org
- The NorthStar team is confident that from first contact through graduation you will notice the NorthStar difference!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dover Grades: PK-12 | 323 students
1143 E Lebanon Road
Dover, DE 19901
(302) 697-7860 843.7 PK-12
- Milton Grades: PK-8 | 237 students
26631 Zion Church Rd
Milton, DE 19968
(302) 684-4983 847.8 PK-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?