Northwest Lutheran School
5.00 (5 reviews)
- Northwest Lutheran School provides a safe, Christian school focused on educational success, leadership development and spiritual growth. We help our students work hard to achieve greatness by nurturing and equipping them in a strong Christian and academic environment to become lifelong learners, capable of making responsible decisions, growing in faith and serving God and the community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Special Needs Scholarship Program|
|Total Students||241 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khakis/polo or shirt & tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Milwaukee Parental Choice Program; Special Needs Scholarship Program|
|Admissions Director||Kathleen Mimis|
|Admissions Associate||Denise Romenesko|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,|
- Christian-based educationFull day 4K & 5K and grades 1-8
- Rigorous academicsHigh performing teachers and administrators
- Major emphasis on Reading and Math
- Individual and small group learning opportunities
- Professional counseling and healthcare services
- Free breakfast and hot lunch for all students
- State-of-the-art computer equipment
- Engaging fine arts, athletic and music programs
- Unique partnership with Concordia University Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Parental Choice Program
- Safe and secure campus
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 383 students
6401 W Capitol Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53216
(414)578-1788 1.1 PK-8
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 240 students
8940 N 85th St
Milwaukee, WI 53224
(414)365-9375 6.1 PK-8
- Milwaukee Grades: K-9 | 140 students
7798 N 60th St
Milwaukee, WI 53223
(414)371-9100 4.9 K-9
I enrolled my children in Northwest Lutheran School last year and that was the best decision I could have ever made. My children are happy now and really enjoy learning. The entire staff there is very helpful and take the time to make sure that the kids aren't just doing the work, but actually understand what they are doing. I highly recoommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - attay
Over all Northwest school is a school that will help your child grow spiritually, academically, and emotionally. With my child being a k-5 student whom has attended since last year the core curriculum is very advanced. i do feel at times the work can be a bit overwhelming for a 5-year with advanced work but if you are looking for a challenge this would be the right school for. at first the communication with his Teacher was not as good as it was with his k-4 teacher ( whom i absolutely loved ) but after parent teacher conference that has improved. They also offer extra programs for students whom are struggling. If you are willing to but in the work with your child to go above and beyond then this would be the right choice . I Do recommend North West Lutheran
- Posted by Parent - mztif
My son is a 3rd grade student here at Northwest, and I feel this is a great fit for my son, that is naturally laid back and more reserve. The teachers here are great and they take the time to get to know your child, and that does make a difference. I would recommend this school to anyone that is looking for a faith based school that cares about the progress of you child.
- Posted by Parent - stace
I love Northwest Lutheran. My son is a 1st grader there. He is doing very well at Northwest Lutheran and reading a grade higher than an average 1st grader.
- Posted by Parent - gabri
I am a proud parent of a honor role 5th grader at Northwest Lutheran School. I love the academic program that has been put in place at Northwest, the progressive atmosphere of the teachers, and the faith based interaction my child receives as a student and I highly recommend this school if you are looking for a school who has the best interest of your child at heart!!!
- Posted by Parent - bigdh
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.