Notre Dame High School
- Pius X Junior/Senior High School, a regional college preparatory school of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Allentown, PA exists to educate young men and women to grow in faith, excel in academics and mature in self-discipline.
- Building on the strengths, talents and resources of teachers and community, students are challenged to develop holistically in a learning environment that is safe and rooted in Gospel values.
- Students are encouraged to strive for personal excellence and responsible citizenship and "renew all things in Christ.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||535 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Pius X Junior/Senior High School, located in Pennsylvania's scenic Slate Belt, boasts a 50+ year tradition of excellence in the Diocese of Allentown. It offers a creative alternative to over-crowded public schools.
- Students enjoy a unique education that features faith first, with academics and discipline as partners in a well-rounded tract, that includes a variety of co-curricular activities.
- Pius X High School is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tamaqua Grades: 9-12 | 302 students
166 Marian Ave
Tamaqua, PA 18252
(570) 467-3335 42 9-12
- Bethlehem Grades: 9-12 | 727 students
2133 Madison Ave
Bethlehem, PA 18017
(610) 866-0791 18.1 9-12
- Pen Argyl Grades: PK-8 | 180 students
290 W Babbitt Ave
Pen Argyl, PA 18072
(610) 863-4816 2.3 PK-8
I wouldn't think of sending my children to any other school. Pius is a very unique small Catholic school that offers great academics, small class sizes, and a family friendly environment. The faculty is always available to assist students after school if they need any extra help. Pius also provides a safe environment for students to practice their faith. Students attend Mass regularly and are able to use our school chapel if needed. There is a Priest on staff who offers his time to the children. There are also many clubs, sports, and activities for students to be a part of. Football, basketball, forensics club, student senate, drama club, music, photography, just to name a few. If you are looking for a change, I highly recommend checking out Pius X High School. It is a great school!
- Posted by Parent - jwinc
Great family atmosphere with top notch educational opportunities. My children have thrived in this environment. The new principal has the right priorities : education, spirituality, community and sports. Great approach to a well rounded student in a family atmosphere.
- Posted by Parent - wasnt
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.