Oak Arbor Church School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (248) 652-3420
- Oak Arbor School is a Christian elementary school with an emphasis on feeding each child's mind, touching each child's heart, and preparing each child for a principled and useful life.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Oak Arbor School is a Christian elementary school with a strong sense of purpose and vision - providing daily opportunities for teachers, students, parents and volunteers to make a positive and life-long impact on each other. The purpose of the Oak Arbor School is to provide a distinctive and balanced academic, social and spiritual environment in which students actively prepare for a useful and fulfilling life on earth and in heaven. We do this by Feeding each child's mind - providing tools and knowledge for each student’s cognitive and intellectual growth through mastery of core academic subjects, critical thinking skills and their applications and touching each child's heart - nurturing each student’s love of discovering and understanding what is true, and by fostering healthy relationships (1) with the one loving God who is the Lord Jesus Christ (2) with His Word and (3) with one another.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rochester Grades: PK-K | 186 students
44 W Snell Rd
Rochester, MI 48306
(248) 609-0500 0.7 PK-K
- Rochester Grades: NS-PK | 174 students
102 Pawley Hall - School Of Education and Human Service
Rochester, MI 48309
(248) 370-4100 3.6 NS-PK
Teachers really get to know the students strengths and weaknesses, due to the small classroom sizes. Parents and teachers work well together. Oak Arbor builds Christian Character strengths as well as teaching academics.
- Posted by Parent - steen
Oak Arbor is a wonderful place for our children. They are being challenged academically, and encouraged to be creative and also nurtured as individuals to build confidence. The teachers work closely with the parents to ensure the best education possible for the students.
- Posted by Parent - ldech
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?