Oakland Christian School
- Oakland Christian School is a non-denominational Christian school serving students in Preschool-12th grade.
- We are a distinctively Christian learning community that values a biblical worldview and is committed to the highest academic standards.
- Our comprehensive academic program offers a complete early education program for preschool-Young 5s, a STEM program, and AP and college dual enrollment classes in our secondary.
- We are pleased to offer an elementary Spanish Immersion curriculum. Classes are taught by professionally trained, Christian teachers in their native Spanish language.
- This program develops students to become bilingual and biliterate by fifth grade.
- We also offer many extracurricular activities with over 40 athletic teams for elementary and secondary students and an extensive visual and performing arts program.
- Students are taught by committed, caring faculty who impact their lives far beyond the classroom.
- They learn service and leadership through community service projects, school retreats, weekly chapel and student leadership opportunities in both elementary and secondary grades.
- To arrange a visit or to learn more about the programs Oakland Christian School offers, please contact Josh Thayer, Director of Admissions.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||482 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||33 courses|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,975|
|Tuition Notes||For more detailed tuition information, visit our website.|
|Admissions Director||Susan Brock|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pontiac Grades: NS-12 | 1053 students
1300 Giddings Road
Pontiac, MI 48340
(248) 373-5300 1.9 NS-12
- Rochester Grades: PK-12 | 194 students
3300 S Livernois Rd
Rochester, MI 48307
(248) 852-0585 5.6 PK-12
- Auburn Hills Grades: K-12 | 22 students
2024 Pontiac Rd
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
(248) 373-1450 1.5 K-12
We have been a family at Oakland Christian School for 8 years. OCS offers many programs for a school it's size. Students can choose from fine arts, choir, drama, band, orchestra, and many sports. The school meets the needs of students who struggle and challenges those who desire AP classes, dual enrollment and a college prep diploma. OCS was just included in a select group of only 16 schools in Michigan that offer the AP Capstone Diploma beginning with the class of 2020. Spiritual Life is a key component of all aspects of the school. The teachers are incredibly dedicated to the students.
- Posted by Parent - TK
Oakland Christian is truly an amazing school. We feel so confident that our children are safe and will have the best education in a comfortable environment. Highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - BB
We have 3 children who attend OCS and are very pleased with their education! The EEC (preschool) is phenomenal! Because of our wonderful experience with the EEC we have continued with the elementary school as well. We feel our children are safe, challenged educationally and spiritually, and are in a loving environment! We highly recommend OCS starting with the EEC!
- Posted by Parent - Sunny
Had 3 kids at Oakland Christian. Last one graduates this year. Staff & administration truly work to keep Christ at the center of everything. The school offers lots of ways students can use all kinds of gifts, excel and discover who they are -- preparatory school academics, competitive athletics, accomplished music & art programs, ministry leadership opportunities and more. Graduates from the school have gone on to serve as mayor, become professional hockey & soccer players, run ministries, and enter into fulfilling careers in teaching, actuarial science, robotics, aerospace, all kinds of things -- while serving Jesus wherever they are.
- Posted by Parent - CLC
This is an amazing school! The curriculum incorporates leading edge teaching techniques combined with loving, outstanding faculty, to deliver an education built on a foundation of God's unmistakable word! I highly recommend.
- Posted by Parent - sahnf
When we were deciding where to send our four children we visited every school in the area. That was 4 years ago. We have fallen in love with the caring, compassionate and highly skilled staff. I recommend anyone considering private education just take a tour and see what it's all about.
- Posted by Parent - Georg
My three kids have been at Oakland Christian School since 2009, and I'm thankful for the nurturing, Christ-centered environment as well as the rigorous academic programming. OCS is definitely a gem among the many private school offerings in the Oakland County area especially during a time when traditional values are constantly being compromised. I wouldn't send my kids anywhere else.
- Posted by Parent - ashel
Bravo! This school provides such a loving, kind safe environment for children to learn. I am an aunt of a student and must say I am sooo impressed.
- Posted by Parent - Famil