Oakland Christian School
- Oakland Christian School has an additional Elementary Campus in Clarkston, MI serving 2 1/2 year olds through the third grade.
- A full before school and after school program is offered at the Clarkston Campus.
- For more information, please call Sandi LaLone at 248-625-1324. Oakland Christian School has been educating young men and women for 40 years.
- An inter-denominational Christian school with over 130 churches represented within the student body, OCS strives to offer a distinctive educational experience with the highest academic standards, but in a moral environment that exemplifies Christian values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||The Learning Center (TLC) exists to promote, encourage and support students and teachers in the understanding and recognition of student centered learning needs.|
|Total Students||528 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||33 courses|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,180|
|Tuition Notes||For more detailed tuition information, visit our website.|
|Admissions Director||Josh Thayer|
|Admissions Associate||Jo Tsamaidis|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- The top ten reasons parents choose Oakland Christian School.
- A school environment that stresses Godly living versus wordly desires.
- Respect between students, teachers and parents.
- Smaller class sizes provide for a more productive classroom atmosphere.
- To have postive peer influences.
- Christian role models in teachers, coaches and staff.
- The Christian diversity with so many churches represented.
- The values and principles being taught at OCS reinforce what is being taught at the home.
- Demanding academics.
- There is a right and wrong - God is honored for who He is.
- The school values parents and desires their involvement.
Profile last updated: 09/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PontiacGrades: PK-12 | 1167 students
1300 Giddings Road
Pontiac, MI 48340
Auburn HillsGrades: PK-12 | 211 students
3655 North Squirrel Road
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
RochesterGrades: PK-12 | 293 students
3300 S Livernois Rd
Rochester, MI 48307
Bloomfield HillsGrades: K-12 | 129 students
3570 Telegraph Rd.
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Auburn HillsGrades: PK-11 | 22 students
2024 Pontiac Rd
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
This is an amazing school! The curriculum incorporates leading edge teaching techniques combined with loving, outstanding faculty, to deliver an education built on a foundation of God's unmistakable word! I highly recommend.
- Posted by Parent - sahnf
When we were deciding where to send our four children we visited every school in the area. That was 4 years ago. We have fallen in love with the caring, compassionate and highly skilled staff. I recommend anyone considering private education just take a tour and see what it's all about.
- Posted by Parent - Georg
My three kids have been at Oakland Christian School since 2009, and I'm thankful for the nurturing, Christ-centered environment as well as the rigorous academic programming. OCS is definitely a gem among the many private school offerings in the Oakland County area especially during a time when traditional values are constantly being compromised. I wouldn't send my kids anywhere else.
- Posted by Parent - ashel
Bravo! This school provides such a loving, kind safe environment for children to learn. I am an aunt of a student and must say I am sooo impressed.
- Posted by Parent - Famil