Eagle Creek Academy
- Eagle Creek Academy is an accredited private school for preschool to 6th grade in Oakland, Michigan.
- Our mission is to prepare students for an increasingly global and technological world. Therefore, we offer customized academics, advanced math, small learning groups, hands-on activities, technology for all, challenging lessons, and all kinds of diversity.
- We integrate art, music and physical education with the core curriculum.
Eagle Creek Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||151 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki or navy bottoms and solid color tops)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Martial Arts, SoccerBasketball, Martial Arts,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||(varies by quarter), Band, Chess Club, Lego Robodics, Math Camps|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Drama Class, Violin
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Our mission is to prepare students to be leaders in a global world. Therefore, we offer excellent ratios; hire experienced teachers; use a challenging curriculum, teach Advanced Math, Spanish and Technology at all levels; integrate Art, Music and Physical Education with the core curriculum; give back to the community through service projects; encourage self-confidence, respect for others, and curiosity about the world; and enroll students from diverse cultures.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: 1-12 | 174 students
1755 E Melton Rd
Birmingham, MI 48009
(248)642-1150 13.2 1-12
My child has been at Eagle Creek for 2 years now. I can't express how wonderful the staff are here. The individual attention that my daughter gets is outstanding. Her academic growth is unbelievable. She has made so many wonderful friends and absolutely loves the stem classes. The hands on experiences really bring to life the learning and she comes home just full of excitement ready to share what she has learned.
- Posted by Parent - J. R
No school is perfect but the key, I believe, is to find the perfect fit for your child. My children have attended ECA for many years, one has even moved on now to be very well prepared for high school - she feels high school is easy compared to her classes at ECA. I love the small group sizes and the fantastic teachers. I have seen my children blossom and grow in a safe, nurturing environment. I would recommend visiting this school to see if it is the right fit for your family.
- Posted by Parent - todda