Orchard Valley Waldorf School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (802) 456-7400
Orchard Valley School is a Developing Waldorf School located in East Montpelier on 55 acres of land.
The Grace Farm campus serves nursery through Grade 7. Grade 8 will be offered in 2007-2008.
A satelite mixed kindergarden program is offered at the Child's Garden Campus in Montpelier for ages 3-6.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||122 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,800|
|Tuition Notes||For Grades 1 to 7.|
|% on Financial Aid|
- 2006-07 Programs Early Education Programs * Saturday Morning Garden at the Childs Garden, Montpelier o serving 2 to 4 year-olds accompanied by their parent(s) o a four-session introduction to our nursery and kindergarten o Four Saturday mornings, 9:00-11:30 am o offered both in the fall and spring (dates to be announced) * Friday Morning Garden at Grace Farm, East Montpelier o serving 2 to 4 year-olds accompanied by their parent(s) o Friday mornings, 9:00 - 11:30 am o offering full-year or half-year sessions, September through May * Nursery at Grace Farm o serving 3 to 5 year-olds o 8:30 am to noon o 4-day program (Monday through Thursday) o 2-day options (Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday) * Kindergarten at Grace Farm o serving 5 and 6 year-olds o 8:30 am to noon o 5-day program (Monday through Friday) * Mixed-age Kindergarten at Childs Garden o serving 3 to 6 year-olds o 8:30 am to noon o 5-day program (Monday through Friday) o 2-day option (Tuesday/Thursday) o 3-day option (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) * After School Care at both locations o September to June (except for school vacations/holidays) o care available noon to 3 pm for children in nursery and kindergarten; 3-5 pm for grades children and their younger siblings Grades 1 7 at Grace Farm * 8:25 am to 3:00 pm. Monday through Friday, 2 pm release on Thursdays * French * Handwork classes * Earthcrafts * Movement education classes * Music classes, grades 3-6 # Woodworking, Grades 5 7 # Optional: violin lessons
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school and elementary school to Orchard Valley Waldorf School is Maple Hill School (1.9 miles away)
The nearest preschool is River Rock School (5.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Plainfield Grades: 7-12 | 24 students
1350 East Hill Road
Plainfield, VT 05667
(802) 454-7747 1.9 7-12
- Montpelier Grades: NS-PK | 75 students
659 Elm Street
Montpelier, VT 05602
(802) 229-4047 5.8 NS-PK
- Montpelier Grades: 4-12 | 28 students
11 West St
Montpelier, VT 05602
(802) 223-0647 6.1 4-12
- Montpelier Grades: 6-12 | 15 students
32 College Street
Montpelier, VT 05602
(802) 223-1010 6.1 6-12
Orchard Valley creates an incredibly nurturing environment for their students. The teachers create classrooms teaming with intrinsically motivated students. My first grade son can't wait to go to school every day. During COVID 19 time of quarantine, the teachers stayed in daily contact with each student and provided individualized attention while staying flexible about how the students could fulfill their requirements. The revolutionary ATA program means that this school is financially accessible to all and makes for a socio-economically diverse student body.
- Posted by Parent - Evan Premo
Wonderful, nurturing education that soulfully guides children to lifelong love of learning through the arts, music and a holistic approach to teaching a broad yet timeless curriculum. Our two daughters have become caring, creative and well-rounded citizens of the world through a Waldorf education.
- Posted by Parent - Ken Ely
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.