Our Lady of Fatima Academy
- Our Lady of Fatima Academy is a fully accredited Catholic elementary school nestled by the ocean in South Orange County, California. Our mission is to nurture individuals to discover their God-given gifts, to encourage them to use these gifts in the service of others, and to empower them to be models of integrity and peacemakers who work for justice.
- We, parents, school staff, and parish community collaborate in striving for excellence in the education of our children.
- We expect students who graduate from OLF Academy to be Christ-like, faith-filled Catholics, continue on their quest as life-long learners, effective communicators, and globally responsible citizens who are competent and confident, honest and respectful, appreciative and creative, while living a healthy lifestyle.
- School Motto: "The Love of Christ Urges Us On"
- Schoolwide Learnng Expectations: Fatih-filled Catholics, Life-long Learners, Effective Communicators, and Globally Responsible Citizens School Mascot: Fatima Falcon
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Students with a prior IEP, mild learning differences in ELA and/or Math, Dyslexia|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||182 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(The school has formal and informal uniforms for different occasions.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,875|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid/military discounts are available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kris Windes|
|Admissions Associate||Leslie Jenkin|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, Surf Team, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
Surf Team, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Decathlon, Robotics, Tennis Lessons
Arts and Music Programs:
- Our Lady of Fatima Academy offers aTransitional Kindergarten program with a student/teacher ratio of 8:1. This is the first year of a two year Kindergarten program. It is an academically based, five day a week progam for children who turn four years old by September 1st. Children are accepted to this program based on a developmental readiness assessment.
- TK-8th small class sizes in a 1:1 technology driven school that provides daily blended learning opportunities in a diffierentiated environment within a family atmosphere that promotes spirituality and academic rigor. TK-8th enchanced courses are Spanish, Art, Music and Piano, Technology and PE classes and distinguished Junior High electives that include Academic Decathlon, Cooking and Sewing, Advance Math, Geography Bee, The Little Flowers Club, Choir, Drama, Cheer Squad, Track and Field and Yearbook round out our program.
- After School PAL sports of co-ed Flag Football and Soccer, girls and boys Volleyball and Basketball and After School Programs such as Robotics, Academic Chess, Stringed Instruments, and Tennis.
- Extendned Day Care from 2:45-6 PM
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Juan Capistrano Grades: PK-12 | 1241 students
31641 La Novia
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
(949)661-0108 5.7 PK-12
We have been a happy OLF Family for 2 years. Our daughter absolutely loves going to school each day--from day one! The Principal, teachers, and office staff are experienced, professional, personable, and caring. They lead with just the right balance of expectation, structure, and nurture. High student test scores are a testimony to OLF`s excellent teachers with proven track records and class curriculums. OLF offers a well-rounded student experience inside the classroom and out (e.g., field trips, sports, stewardship, volunteerism, community involvement, after-school enrichment programs, etc). Small class size (most under 20/class) means that no one falls through the cracks and all are encouraged (and eager!) to become "doers" through participation in leadership, volunteerism, arts, sports, and other extracurricular activities like state and county-wide competitions. I am constantly impressed by the students' high level of confidence, effective articulation, and outward expression and demonstration of caring toward one another. We can't say enough about the OLF family community, which is a truly amazing, involved group of parents and extended families. We look forward to our daughter's continued academic and developmental journey as she learns and grows into a thoughtful, faith-filled, socially-conscious, and confident young lady over her next 8 years at OLF. We feel blessed to be an OLF Family!
- Posted by Parent - Leesa K
Our Lady of Fatima School Teachers and parents are amazing. I walked on to this campus 11 years ago when I was invited to Special Persons Day. I was treated with such kindness it felt as if it was Family. When I went home I told my husband of how it was and that if we had children I would want them to attend OLF. Well a year later we had our son and before he turned 2 we moved from San Diego County to San Clemente so our son could go to OLF. He is now in 6th grade. We have a wonderful Principal, Mrs. Joanne Williams, who we love.
- Posted by Parent - Dbflo