Our Lady Of Lourdes School
Tel: (317) 357-3316
- Thank you for considering Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School for your child's education.
- Your choice of school will place a major cornerstone in his or her life.
- It is an important decision for any family and we believe you can have confidence in our quality and values.
- Our Lady of Lourdes is a school that is focused on faith, academically strong, and grounded in community; this provides a significant foundation for every child who attends.
- We are a diverse community that invites children of all faiths, cultures and ethnicities to be a part of our school family; tuition assistance is available if needed.
- Please contact us for answers to any questions you may have, or check our FAQs online at http://www.ollindy.org.
- We also encourage you to visit the school and watch our students in action.
- We hope to see you soon at Our Lady of Lourdes!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Special Education|
|Total Students||243 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy blue pants and polo; Jumper/skirt and blouse)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,065|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates are based upon parishioner enrollment|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy Scouts, Chess Club, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, Science Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Children's Choir, Guitar & Drum Club
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School has been a member of the Irvington community for the past century. Many of our alumni are now living and raising their own families here in the area. OLL has grown and progressed as Irvington has grown and progressed. We are proud to be a part of our community's long history and heritage.
- Two years following the dedication of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, the parish was in need of a school, and one was started in the former Parker property in 1911. The house was used as both a convent and a school, staffed by sisters from St. Francis, Oldenburg. We were the first school established in the neighborhood and have been a positive presence throughout the years, educating local children and contributing to the well-being of all residents through outreach and family-friendly programs.
- By 1915, the parish had expanded and a new building was erected on the site of the first chapel, serving as both school and chapel. As the church grew, splitting into two parishes by 1925, the school also expanded. Bursting at the seams by the late 1950's, a new school was built and dedicated in 1958. The Franciscan sisters were a teaching presence at OLL Catholic School until 1987 when the last of the Franciscan nuns retired.
- As OLL has continued to grow successfully we have added new classrooms and programs to accommodate our students, including kindergarten in 1974 and preschool in 2005. Today we serve approximately 280 students in grades Preschool through eighth grades.
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.