Our Lady Of Mercy School
5.00 (1 review)
- School offers a variety of special programs at Our Lady of Mercy Academy that are designed to support our curriculum and to develop the whole child, with emphasis on his or her strengths and needs.
- Our beliefs about how children learn are based on current research and best practices.
- We have high expectations for all our students to succeed.
- We organize special program like Art,Music/ instrumental and vocal,Spanish,Physical Education,Performing Arts,After-School Enrichment,Athletics,Book Club,Tutoring and Community and Peer Service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||142 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montclair Grades: PK-12 | 1054 students
201 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07042
(973)746-9800 10.6 PK-12
- Morris Plains Grades: PK-8 | 66 students
238 Speedwell Avenue
Morris Plains, NJ 07950
(973)539-7267 3.2 PK-8
This is an amazing school and I am very thankful that it has been such a central part of my daughter's life for the past 4 years. Here are some high points:* The principal is top notch. She is a brilliant and driven woman who commands a deep authoritative presence among the students, staff and at times the parents. Amazingly, she manages to balance this authoritative presence with a very warm and caring demeanor. She knows all of the students by first name and is very caring and loving. *The atmosphere is very warm and family oriented. The staff is a very loving group of people who will make sure your child is getting the exact level of education your child needs.*The class sizes are small*Aftercare and lunches are provided*Strong standard of academics. The children are challenged at every level
- Posted by Parent - Satisfied Parent
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.