Our Lady Of Mercy School
5.00 (1 review)
- School offers a variety of special programs at Our Lady of Mercy Academy that are designed to support our curriculum and to develop the whole child, with emphasis on his or her strengths and needs.
- Our beliefs about how children learn are based on current research and best practices.
- We have high expectations for all our students to succeed.
- We organize special program like Art,Music/ instrumental and vocal,Spanish,Physical Education,Performing Arts,After-School Enrichment,Athletics,Book Club,Tutoring and Community and Peer Service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||142 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montclair Grades: PK-12 | 1054 students
201 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07042
(973)746-9800 10.6 PK-12
- Morris Plains Grades: PK-8 | 66 students
238 Speedwell Avenue
Morris Plains, NJ 07950
(973)539-7267 3.2 PK-8
This is an amazing school and I am very thankful that it has been such a central part of my daughter's life for the past 4 years. Here are some high points:* The principal is top notch. She is a brilliant and driven woman who commands a deep authoritative presence among the students, staff and at times the parents. Amazingly, she manages to balance this authoritative presence with a very warm and caring demeanor. She knows all of the students by first name and is very caring and loving. *The atmosphere is very warm and family oriented. The staff is a very loving group of people who will make sure your child is getting the exact level of education your child needs.*The class sizes are small*Aftercare and lunches are provided*Strong standard of academics. The children are challenged at every level
- Posted by Parent - Satisfied Parent
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.