Our Lady Of Peace Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Our Lady of Peace Catholic School offers Preschool through 8th grade, providing outstanding academic education as well as offering a strong faith foundation.
- OLP prepares our students with the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful leaders and contributors in their life's journey in the modern world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||The cost of our summer program varies depending upon the selection of sessions.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||185 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,721|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is $4,721 for grades K-8 There is a tuition discount based on the number of children per family enrolled. Financial Aid is available!|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Megan Schuchman|
|Admissions Associate||Cathy Bergen|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Band, Drama Club: Fall and Spring Plays
- WELCOME! Thank you for visiting Our Lady of Peace Catholic School.
- Our Lady of Peace Catholic School offers a strong academic and faith-filled education for preschool through eighth grade. We are located in the Lake Nokomis neighborhood of South Minneapolis. We are an accredited school with highly experienced staff, small class sizes, and a commitment to the safety and learning of every child.
- Belief Statements:
- We are committed to student academic excellence, to providing a foundation for life-long learning and to prepare students with the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful leaders of the future.
- We are committed to providing our students with a faith foundation which embraces the mission of Jesus to love and serve others.
- We provide a community based on a spirit of hospitality and fellowship, as witnessed by our "PeaceBuilders Program" throughout the school.
- We encourage you to come for a visit. Please contact the school office or Principal, Paul Berry to set up a meeting and tour. We look forward to your visit!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Grades: K-8 | 368 students
525 W 54th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55419
(612)823-4394 1.3 K-8
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 1366 students
511 Kenwood Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55403
(952)988-3420 4.8 PK-12
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-8 | 246 students
2344 Nicollet Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55404
(612)767-1550 3.9 PK-8
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-8 | 306 students
3755 Pleasant Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55409
(612)827-3707 2.4 PK-8
OLP has been a wonderful learning environment for my grandson! The preschool and Pre-k programs (Early Learning Program) He attuned music, art, Spanish, library, and gym classes along with a developmentally appropriate classroom curriculum. He loved his teachers!
- Posted by Teacher - Dolly kinney
Fantastic school with excellent leadership and superior teachers. Lots of required extra-curriculars (Spanish, art, music, PE, info lit (computer class), library) that occur twice per week for the elementary grades. Focus on relationships -- the older kids are mentors for the younger kids. Recent updates and renovations make the school a bright, welcoming place. I couldn't be more enthusiastic.
- Posted by Parent - Cora
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.