- Our Lady of Peace Catholic School offers Preschool through 8th grade, providing outstanding academiceducation as well as offering a strong faith foundation.
- OLP prepares our students with the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful leaders and contributors in their life's journey in the modern world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||196 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is $4,200 for grades K-4. Tuition is $4,370 for grades 5-8. There is a tuition discount based on the number of children per family enrolled.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms. Jan Heuman|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Drama Club: Fall and Spring Plays Band, Drama Club: Fall and Spring Plays,
- WELCOME! Thank you for visiting Our Lady of Peace Catholic School.
- Our Lady of Peace Catholic School offers a strong academic and faith-filled education for preschool through eighth grade. We are located in the Lake Nokomis neighborhood of South Minneapolis. We are an accredited school with highly experienced staff, small class sizes, and a commitment to the safety and learning of every child.
- Belief Statements:
- • We are committed to student academic excellence, to providing a foundation for life-long learning and to prepare students with the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful leaders of the future.
- We are committed to providing our students with a faith foundation which embraces the mission of Jesus to love and serve others.
- • We provide a community based on a spirit of hospitality and fellowship, as witnessed by our “PeaceBuilders Program” throughout the school.
- We encourage you to come for a visit. Please contact the school office, or Principal Jan Heuman, to set up a meeting and tour. We look forward to your visit!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MinneapolisGrades: PK-8 | 439 students
525 W 54th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55419
MinneapolisGrades: PK-8 | 279 students
2344 Nicollet Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55404
MinneapolisGrades: PK-12 | 1367 students
511 Kenwood Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Columbia HeightsGrades: PK-7 | 142 students
4030 Jackson St Ne
Columbia Heights, MN 55421
MinneapolisGrades: K-8 | 307 students
3755 Pleasant Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55409
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.