Our Lady Of Sorrows School
Tel: (973) 762-5169
- Our Lady of Sorrows School is committed to proclaiming and living the Good News of Jesus, striving for academic excellence, and forming exemplary leasers for the 21st century.
- We achieve this goal in the Catholic tradition with a partnership between families and teachers working together with the students to discover their own unique gifts and to develop them to their fullest potential.
- Christ. Our mission is to foster and nurture Christian values in the Catholic tradition so that for each child Christ may truly be: the way, the truth, and the light.
- Our aim is to help the child grow towards maturity in faith with a total commitment of one's whole being to the person of Christ.
- Our ultimate goal is to reveal to each child an understanding that the Word is the message of hope and salvation.
- Our aim as educators is to assist the parents in the development of each child's spiritual, moral, intellectual, physical, and social abilities and talents.
- We stimulate in each child the pride of accomplishment needed for a happy and successful life.
- We help them mature at their own rate of growth according to ability, recognizing individual needs and being aware of their personal uniqueness.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||263 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Union Grades: PK-8 | 351 students
1212 Kelly St
Union, NJ 07083
(908) 688-1063 2.9 PK-8
- Elizabeth Grades: PK-8 | 225 students
1086 North Avenue
Elizabeth, NJ 07201
(908) 352-8629 5.3 PK-8
- Nutley Grades: PK-12 | 409 students
390 Washington Avenue
Nutley, NJ 07110
(973) 667-9700 8 PK-12
- Nutley Grades: PK-8 | 325 students
24 Brookline Ave
Nutley, NJ 07110
(973) 667-2049 7 PK-8
- Short Hills Grades: NS-8 | 223 students
52 Great Hills Road
Short Hills, NJ 07078
(973) 379-3442 3 NS-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.